Temp residency visa

Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:22 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default Temp residency visa

When I applied for TWP, I also applied for;
OWP - Wife
Study Permit - 13 year old
Temp Residency Permit - 19 year old

Got all but residency, any idea's ?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:27 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temp residency visa

TRP is for person who is inadmissible to Canada but who's reasons for being in Canada greatly outweigh reasons for inadmissibility.

Dependent 19 years old will be admitted as visitor with Visitor Record issued at POE.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mr Miller

I thought that the 19 yr old can be admitted to Canada as a dependent. Does it not say that dependents are up to the age of 22 if they are in full time education? My 18yr old daughter is still in college.

If the 19 yr old has got a Visitor Record so what are his limitations then? Can he apply for study while he is in Canada? I wonder as a visitor will he have to leave after 6 months? and can he return back straightaway? I wonder why they mentioned up to the age of 22 but then issue a Visitor Record.

My interest is that I have got an 18 year old daughter who is coming with me on my TWP. We applied for a study permit but the embassy mentioned that she is ineligible for study permit. But my 13 yr old will get her study permit.

I am now worried for her. Pls any advice will be welcome.

Ibby
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:14 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Dependent children of work permit holder can get open study permit until age 18 - beyond age 18 they have to apply for standard study permit after receiving acceptance letter from school. Of course they can still be admitted as visitors and duration of visitor record is usually the same as principal applicant's work permit.