TEFAQ pour CSQ

Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:05 am
Just Joined

angel_nids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TEFAQ pour CSQ

Je vais passer l'examen TEFAQ de vendredi. Est-ce-que quelqu'un donner mois le trucs pour le preparation?

Merci
Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:52 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: TEFAQ pour CSQ

Hey,

Not sure if this will help because my memory of the exam is foggy (I took it in 2011) and so some of this may have changed... The exam is split into sections and for the TEFaQ you'll be assessed on listening and speaking. For the listening, you'll be in a room with other candidates on your own computer. The question or information will be spoken and you have to click the correct answer. Some of the questions are hard and some are easy in terms of vocabulary, subject, accent of the person speaking, and the speed at which they talk. You're given a set amount of time to answer from a multiple choice and then it automatically moves to the next question. I think (but don't remember too well) that getting a question wrong deducts points from your score - they'll confirm that when the time comes.

For the speaking section, one of the examiners sat us all in a room and gave us a choice of envelopes that contained our subjects inside so we were picking topics blindly. We were given about 10 minutes to prepare notes, such as useful vocab or verbs, and then it was pens down. Then we were taken into the oral room one by one, which was selected at random by picking a card with a number on it. Obviously the higher your number, the longer you had to wait so the more chance you had to think about answers. There were two examiners who were recording everything. In the envelope there was an advert of some description and also a scenario. For my advert, which was for a hotel in Egypt, I had to pretend to be a customer phoning the hotel and I had to ask questions about it. I think there was a limit as well, like I had to ask ten questions or something, and during that time you're supposed to show how much you know in terms of your vocab and grammar. The second part was another advert but this time you had to convince someone of something and the scenario continued for a set time (maybe 10 minutes?). In my case, I had a horse riding school advert and I had to convince another mother to take their kid to the school at the same time as my kid. The examiners will be massively annoying because no matter what you say, they'll find a way to duck out of going. There may have been a third part where you have to speak at length about a subject you're familiar with but maybe I'm imagining that. I'm sure there are websites out there that could confirm or deny that!

I didn't find that the TEFaQ was an exam you could 'cheat' your way through by memorising things. The only thing I definitely revised was asking questions and then I made sure to learn the subjective, particularly in terms of giving opinions, and I tried to use that (correctly) whenever I could. I had a practise session at the language school a few days before and the woman who taught me said that using the subjective would be the difference between a A2 student and a B-level student. If you have the chance to take a practise exam with the school, it'll be well worth the price!

Hope some of that helped.
Cat
Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel_nids
Je vais passer l'examen TEFAQ de vendredi. Est-ce-que quelqu'un donner mois le trucs pour le preparation?

Merci
Welcome to BE.

Please note that English is the only language used on the BE forums.

Site Rule 17. Language of Use

The language of use for this site is to be English only. Any “discussions” on this site should be in English, and any “discussions” comprising of a different language (or excessive text speech) will be removed. Exceptions to this rule are small one line inclusions of when it is deemed appropriate: such as language questions/discussions in the Italy forum, for example.

Thank you.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 2:44 am
Just Joined

angel_nids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by catpea33
Hey,

Not sure if this will help because my memory of the exam is foggy (I took it in 2011) and so some of this may have changed... The exam is split into sections and for the TEFaQ you'll be assessed on listening and speaking. For the listening, you'll be in a room with other candidates on your own computer. The question or information will be spoken and you have to click the correct answer. Some of the questions are hard and some are easy in terms of vocabulary, subject, accent of the person speaking, and the speed at which they talk. You're given a set amount of time to answer from a multiple choice and then it automatically moves to the next question. I think (but don't remember too well) that getting a question wrong deducts points from your score - they'll confirm that when the time comes.

For the speaking section, one of the examiners sat us all in a room and gave us a choice of envelopes that contained our subjects inside so we were picking topics blindly. We were given about 10 minutes to prepare notes, such as useful vocab or verbs, and then it was pens down. Then we were taken into the oral room one by one, which was selected at random by picking a card with a number on it. Obviously the higher your number, the longer you had to wait so the more chance you had to think about answers. There were two examiners who were recording everything. In the envelope there was an advert of some description and also a scenario. For my advert, which was for a hotel in Egypt, I had to pretend to be a customer phoning the hotel and I had to ask questions about it. I think there was a limit as well, like I had to ask ten questions or something, and during that time you're supposed to show how much you know in terms of your vocab and grammar. The second part was another advert but this time you had to convince someone of something and the scenario continued for a set time (maybe 10 minutes?). In my case, I had a horse riding school advert and I had to convince another mother to take their kid to the school at the same time as my kid. The examiners will be massively annoying because no matter what you say, they'll find a way to duck out of going. There may have been a third part where you have to speak at length about a subject you're familiar with but maybe I'm imagining that. I'm sure there are websites out there that could confirm or deny that!

I didn't find that the TEFaQ was an exam you could 'cheat' your way through by memorising things. The only thing I definitely revised was asking questions and then I made sure to learn the subjective, particularly in terms of giving opinions, and I tried to use that (correctly) whenever I could. I had a practise session at the language school a few days before and the woman who taught me said that using the subjective would be the difference between a A2 student and a B-level student. If you have the chance to take a practise exam with the school, it'll be well worth the price!

Hope some of that helped.
Cat
Hi Catpea,

Thank you for your answer, it surely helps a lot.

Regards
Angel