TEFaQ exam experiences for CSQ

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:51 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default TEFaQ exam experiences for CSQ

Hi,

I've managed to get a very last-minute TEFaQ test date in Montreal (for this Tuesday and I only found out late yesterday!) and was wondering if anyone here could share their experience with it. I've read through the manual so I know what to expect for the oral comprehension but not so much for the oral expression. The manual gives an example of a document I'd have to ask questions about for the first part of the test but is that like the exam, i.e. only one compulsory document, or am I presented with a choice of documents I can choose from? I'm just wondering because I'm panicking that I may get something that I'm completely unfamiliar with, i.e. I have absolutely no vocab for the situation (although it's unlikely).

The second part just says I have to present a document. What sort of presentation is it and is there a selection of subjects I can talk about? Do I just waffle about it for the 10 minutes or will the examiners ask me questions on it? I'm guessing that this is more likely to be a news article and I have to say what it's about and give my opinion???

I've got a prep course coming up for the exam but it's late on Monday and I'd prefer to know what to expect now to put my mind at ease. I've googled relentlessly and can't find much about other people's experience of the exam.

Thanks in advance for anything you can share!
Cat
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:52 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: TEFaQ exam experiences for CSQ

Seriously, no-one's sat this test so no-one can tell me anything about the oral expression part of the test?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I never did the test as I chose to do the DELF exam instead.

My wife has and I was trying to ask her what she had to do.

She said that she was given a choice between two topics for each section of the test. She was not given very long to prepare herself.

It was a role play where she had to talk and answer questions.

For the first part she had to prepare 10 questions based on an AD which the examiner answered and for the second part she had to prepare a presentation and the examiner asked her questions about it. Hers was on a dance.

For the second part they will probably give you a document on the subject with bullet points and you will build your presentation from that. They then ask you questions on your presentation which you have to respond to.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:48 am
is awesome

Originally Posted by britsnake
I never did the test as I chose to do the DELF exam instead.

My wife has and I was trying to ask her what she had to do.

She said that she was given a choice between two topics for each section of the test. She was not given very long to prepare herself.

It was a role play where she had to talk and answer questions.

For the first part she had to prepare 10 questions based on an AD which the examiner answered and for the second part she had to prepare a presentation and the examiner asked her questions about it. Hers was on a dance.

For the second part they will probably give you a document on the subject with bullet points and you will build your presentation from that. They then ask you questions on your presentation which you have to respond to.
Thankyou so much! I think I'm more nervous now knowing that - sounds harder than I imagined. It does help me to know the format though so it won't be as much of a shock. I wish I was psychic so I knew what topics I'd end up with! Lol.

Thanks for replying!
Cat
Old Dec 18th 2011, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

hey cat - hope everything went well, any chance of an update?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:45 am
is awesome

Originally Posted by phat-dave
hey cat - hope everything went well, any chance of an update?
Sure. What do you want to know about? The exam format?

Cat
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

please - i know you were asking about the format, types of questions, preparation and delivery of presentation etc

would one be best going down this route compared to say DELF or what would be your recommendation?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:10 am
is awesome

Originally Posted by phat-dave
please - i know you were asking about the format, types of questions, preparation and delivery of presentation etc

would one be best going down this route compared to say DELF or what would be your recommendation?
No probs. I wrote about it here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741334

As for DELF vs TEFaQ, I really don't know. I haven't done DELF so can't really advise!

Cat
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

awesome, i'll have a read - thanks!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:10 pm
is awesome

Woohoo! Finally got the official results back and I passed with a very high B1. Just 10 points away from B2. How frustrating!

Cat
Old Jun 1st 2012, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

mkshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by catpea33
Woohoo! Finally got the official results back and I passed with a very high B1. Just 10 points away from B2. How frustrating!

Cat
hi catpea33,
how much time will it take for result declaration from the date of TEFaQ test?

Is it true that there is an option in TEFaQ exam that the test result will be sent directly to quebec immigration office?

thanks in advance