TEF Results!

Old May 20th 2009, 7:16 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default TEF Results!

Hi all, just to let you know I received my TEF test results today. I had been worried for the last two weeks or so, realising errors I had made and answers I could have given, still.....at last I can let it all go!
Now, does anyone know how to convert the results into points please?
My results are :
Written comprehension - Level 4
Listening test - Level 5
Lexique - Level 3
Written composition - Level 4
Spoken test - Level 5

I thought the test was hard but thorough - a much fairer judgement of my French skills than my A level back in the 1980's!! I took the test in London (Dorset Square) where the day was slightly more relaxed than expected in as much as the people that ran the course were very friendly and did their utmost to give us the best possible chance of doing our best....

I was very, very fortunate in having the TEF training manuals for about 2 months before my test (thank you lucycrow!) so knew what to expect. There were people on the day that didn't know anything about the exams including how to complete the answer sheet which is a bit of an education in itself. You are given a manual literally minutes before you begin the first test which explains a lot but you don't have time to read it. Again, thanks to lucycrow, I had this beforehand and had read it from cover to cover so had much more idea of what to expect. The format was completely strange to me but then again, I haven't taken an exam since 1987!

If anyone is interested in buying the training manuals from me (2 training books with mock tests, the information booklet plus a listening comprehension CD) let me know.

So, with this now out the way and just waiting for the arrival of the certificate, we are hoping that our 90 day letter will be arriving sometime over the summer (we applied June 07, AOR July 07) - fingers crossed!
Old May 20th 2009, 9:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TEF Results!

Hi

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all, just to let you know I received my TEF test results today. I had been worried for the last two weeks or so, realising errors I had made and answers I could have given, still.....at last I can let it all go!
My results are :
Listening test - Level 5
Lexique - Level 3
Spoken test - Level 5

I thought the test was hard but thorough - a much fairer judgement of my French skills than my A level back in the 1980's!! I took the test in London (Dorset Square) where the day was slightly more relaxed than expected in as much as the people that ran the course were very friendly and did their utmost to give us the best possible chance of doing our best....

I was very, very fortunate in having the TEF training manuals for about 2 months before my test (thank you lucycrow!) so knew what to expect. There were people on the day that didn't know anything about the exams including how to complete the answer sheet which is a bit of an education in itself. You are given a manual literally minutes before you begin the first test which explains a lot but you don't have time to read it. Again, thanks to lucycrow, I had this beforehand and had read it from cover to cover so had much more idea of what to expect. The format was completely strange to me but then again, I haven't taken an exam since 1987!

If anyone is interested in buying the training manuals from me (2 training books with mock tests, the information booklet plus a listening comprehension CD) let me know.

So, with this now out the way and just waiting for the arrival of the certificate, we are hoping that our 90 day letter will be arriving sometime over the summer (we applied June 07, AOR July 07) - fingers crossed!
8 points a second language.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

lucycrow!!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Kat3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bjg
My results are :
Listening test - Level 5
Lexique - Level 3
Spoken test - Level 5

Hi bjg, Do you still have those TEF manuals?
Please tell me how much you'd want for them and for posting to London, UK.
Cheers.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:08 am
Just Joined

qiqiuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: TEF Results!

Hi bjg,

Could you tell me where to take TEF test in London please? Do they have tel or website?

Thank you very much.

Qiqi
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qiqiuk
Hi bjg,

Could you tell me where to take TEF test in London please? Do they have tel or website?

Thank you very much.

Qiqi
This is the site you're looking for in London.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

vous avez tres excellent resultat, bonne chance pour l'avenir!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjg
Hi all, just to let you know I received my TEF test results today. I had been worried for the last two weeks or so, realising errors I had made and answers I could have given, still.....at last I can let
Well done for the good results! Nice to have this over and done with.

Just tried to give you karma but am not allowed.......
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:40 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

Thanks all! The 'TEF' day seems a long time ago now, but my wife is still very pleased with her results!
It's funny how you reach each landmark and then just move on to the next hurdle. We hand delivered our documents package (after much work and stress!) to Canada House back in September. So we are currently checking the mail every morning in the hope that we filled out the forms correctly, and that we might receive our medical requests!
Here's hoping.(and waiting)

Sorry Spaceace I've no longer got the TEF stuff.

Cheers, BJG. (missing Vernon, BC!)
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

merci BJG, Ce n'est pas un probleme!

Bonne chance avec votre application :-)