Taking the plunge..!

Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default Taking the plunge..!

Hello All,

My husband and I are about to begin the FSW application process, and I am finding the whole thing very daunting! He will be applying as the principal applicant. We meet the points criteria, and he is NOC skill level A (but no job offer). He is a H1 visa holder in the USA at the moment, and we will be applying through the Buffalo Visa office.

What I was hoping to ask (for now!) is that will hubby have to provide a reference from his current employer testifying to the fact that he meets all the requirements for the profession and is applying them in his current job? We were hoping to not tell his employer yet...

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions for all the forum members (which i hope you will entertain), but I'll just start off small for now

Thanks for any advice you could give me
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:32 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking the plunge..!

Originally Posted by Sofi
Hello All,

My husband and I are about to begin the FSW application process, and I am finding the whole thing very daunting! He will be applying as the principal applicant. We meet the points criteria, and he is NOC skill level A (but no job offer). He is a H1 visa holder in the USA at the moment, and we will be applying through the Buffalo Visa office.

What I was hoping to ask (for now!) is that will hubby have to provide a reference from his current employer testifying to the fact that he meets all the requirements for the profession and is applying them in his current job? We were hoping to not tell his employer yet...

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions for all the forum members (which i hope you will entertain), but I'll just start off small for now

Thanks for any advice you could give me
Hello

Welcome to the applicant club!

For FSW1 at least (I only did this one, so haven't checked FSW2 or 3) there isn't a need to let the current employer know at the initial application stage to Nova Scotia.

For those defending the NOC criteria on the list of 38 occupations eligible for FSW1, in the initial application a description of the duties in the role being claimed are required. Employer references are not required until after the 120 day email / letter - they would confirm in more detail the exact duties undertaken for the NOC role/s being claimed.

If the current employer is not relevant to the NOC work experience being claimed, then I am not sure that a reference would be needed at all, if past employers provide the right references - however that might need a double check - the 120 day letter once it arrives sets out the additional supporting information that is required.

Hope this helps, for now
Bali
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking the plunge..!

Thanks for the help, Bali. Much appreciated