taking money with you??

Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

annemariebrash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taking money with you??

just starting the whole immigration process and wondering if there is an amount of money that you need to take with you? do you need to have proof of what you are taking to add into visa applications???
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking money with you??

Originally Posted by annemariebrash
just starting the whole immigration process and wondering if there is an amount of money that you need to take with you? do you need to have proof of what you are taking to add into visa applications???
Yes and yes, though I believe it's waived if you're applying via the spousal or LMO route. I don't know what it is today, but it was about $10,000 per person when I applied.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As Mark said, depends what program you're planning on applying under?

Welcome to the forum btw.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:19 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

For skilled workers application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

Everything you need to know is in here for all categories of immigration
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yes and yes, though I believe it's waived if you're applying via the spousal or LMO route. I don't know what it is today, but it was about $10,000 per person when I applied.
My new employer is applying for an LMO...so i wont need any financial back up to go if thats the case???
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As Mark said, depends what program you're planning on applying under?

Welcome to the forum btw.
New employer doing an LMO and Im doing a temp work visa.... dont believe in forums but this one is good x
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annemariebrash
My new employer is applying for an LMO...so i wont need any financial back up to go if thats the case???
So long as you have money to survive on until you get your pay cheque (could be up to 3 weeks), deposit for rental accommodation, back up if you get laid off, tickets back to the UK of laid off. May sound pessimistic, but always good to have a contingency.