Taking Medicals

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:43 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Medicals

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Biggest surprise is that we found out that OH has extremely high blood pressure and we have been told to get him to the GP ASAP to have it investigated. One piece of advice I would say is go and have your physical done or a checkup with your family doctor then things like these dont come and bite your bum - we had no idea of this problem and it could hold up our PPR something we cannot afford to do.

Good Luck to everyone else who is waiting - your time will come.
Hi BB, my husbands high blood pressure was first diagnosed at medical too. He was told it was so high (really scary numbers)he should really be in hospital, but take some tablets and we'll do some tests to see how things go. He had to take some tests at the hospital, one of them was drinking or being injected with radio active stuff (can't remember now) and another test was wearing a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours.

Well you know how these men are, he took the tablets, we got our PR approved, the blood pressure went down a bit, he stopped taking tablets and just refused to take them, no matter what I said to him - the stress for me was awful, I was so worried I'd end up with a drooling mess on the sofa Anyway he had to go to the doc's on another matter about 6 months ago - whatever the doc said to him worked, he is taking his meds every day now (I think he was told that he needed a hospital stay again).

Anyhow, not sure why I just wrote all that - a bit of support I suppose, I hope your OH's blood pressure comes under control quickly and all the tests he has done don't show any horrible stuff.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
A heart attack is not a deal breaker. It all depends on the damage that was done. If there is no damage or no future treatment is required then it is quite likely the medical would be passed.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:24 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi

It is worth mentioning that we used Michael J Clarke in Knightsbridge London and the prices they quote as of Mon 30/11 were £247 per adult and £160 for children over 11 or 12 (can't remember age exactly) and this included X-rays for all and bloods for the over 15's. They do X-rays on the premises. So total cost for 2 Adults and two children 12 and 14 was £814.

Harley Street worked out at nearly £200 more as you then had to Pay for X-rays round the corner.

This is some advice for the ladies....gents I mean that in the nicest of ways lol....so look away if you are sensitive to ladies matters.

Don't book your medicals during your period or for at least 7 days after your period has finished to prevent blood traces in urine.

Be aware that if you have medium to large breasts that they may have to take two x-ray slides.....as the breast can cause a shadow. Please ask when booking as if two are required, you will have to pay for the additional x-ray. I was not told that...and told them that I was not prepared to pay it...so I didn't...just be aware.

Take a copy of your last smear, they only glance at it....but you do not have to submit to one if yours is still within dates.

I didn't get my breasts felt...just the lymph glands under the arms....but I am aware that others have had to submit to a full examination.

The Contraceptive Pill....I was subjected to the BMI ...talk...that if it is over 35 then I should not be taking the combined pill as it increases the risks of DVT. Then she put me on the scales and I hit the BMI of exactly 35....so other than advise me if it goes over not to take it...she backed off. (She was well aware that I am on a fat reducing diet through my GP and have already lost over 10kg....so it is going down and so will my BMI).

Hope this helps you gals still about to take yours.
lol
Stef
They won't be able to say if an extra view is needed until the first image is seen. Large dense breasts sometimes mean you have to take another image to make sure that all the lung fields are imaged at the right density. It's not common though. Some tall and wide men need another film. In all the years I worked in private medicine we never charged for this further view.

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Just to let you know that I got a phone call this morning from the Radiographer who took our X-rays on Monday to say that they had now been seen by the consultant who has advised that all clear and nothing to worry about. Didn't know if this was usual practice. I thought that once you had the medicals that if there were any problems you would hear from CHC. Was kinda reassuring though. Didn't want anyone to panic if they get a call...tis all.
Stef
How bizarre, on many fronts.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joinerboy
210/124 that's really high, it's the first time I've heard about somebody having such a high reading. Glad to see he now has it under control & it just shows it's possible.
All the best.
Regards
Joinerboy
He was incredibly stressed on the day of his work medical and when he had it taken the next day it was around the 170/100 mark. We thought we had a pretty healthy lifestyle but it made us both realise we dont do enough physical excercise!!! He has to go for another one on work medical on Monday this will be his third in 2 months!!! We are relieved we found it before the visa medical!! The good thing was his blood tests were all normal so no damage!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Canglish - our day cost $1000 for the 4 of us and son didnt need the bloods.

The blood tests are being done to check the level of creatinine to check any kidney problems the ECG for the heart of course - as this has remained undetected for god knows how long the doctor is checking as a precaution. High BP doesnt just affect your heart - blood in the urine can be a symptom too and aparantly can be serious.

awww piffpoff thank you - have to admit that Phil is being really good he is taking his meds and he hasnt done the hard physical bits of his coaching session (the other 2 coaches have taken over) and he has asked me to do the driving at the weekend for soccer to Calgary. So for me that is progress with my little stubborn yorkshireman
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Update on the High BP

Phil went back for consult with GP today and the ECG was clear - thank god - just going to carry on with the medication for the high BP and also treat a slight Cholesterol problem.

All seems well - just waiting for the OK from CHC now.

Wish me luck lol
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Sending loads of luck and love your way....hope it is all okay for you
lol
Stef

Update on the High BP

Phil went back for consult with GP today and the ECG was clear - thank god - just going to carry on with the medication for the high BP and also treat a slight Cholesterol problem.

Wish me luck lol
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Update on the High BP

Wish me luck lol
GOOD LUCK!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Robin