Taking Medicals

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Medicals

Thanks for everyones words of kindness.

This is not a thing about being stressed at all - the doctor thinks he could have been suffering from the High BP for quite a few years, hence the need to get an ECG done asap. Could only happen to me eh !

The most frightening thing is that had he had other symptoms they would have admitted him into ICU there and then = Sh1t scary when they tell you that one

Last edited by burton bunch; Dec 2nd 2009 at 4:57 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Chin up hun....it has now been found and can be sorted, medicated and you can move on.......at least he has not collapsed with a heart attack......that IS the main thing eh?
Hope you can get it sorted soon. I am nervous about my ECG tomorrow ad the forthcoming Echo too.......I was told that what I appear to have I could have collapsed and died from at the drop of a hat...as this is usually what is found in sudden unexplained deaths.......that is also a very sobering thought....but lets not dwell on that one....putting me off my cornflakes.

lol
Stef

QUOTE=burton bunch;8142981]Thanks for everyones words of kindness.

This is not a thing about being stressed at all - the doctor thinks he could have been suffering from the High BP for quite a few years, hence the need to get an ECG done asap. Could only happen to me eh !

The most frightening thing is that had he had other symptoms they would have admitted him into ICU there and then = Sh1t scary when they tell you that one[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:26 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
As there seems to be so many people waiting for med requests at the moment and then finding them stressful to take, I thought I would let people know how we have gone on today.

We drove to Calgary (Elbow Drive) for our today and have to say that everyones efficiency was great.

The medical is nothing to really worry about - urine sample which they test there and then, height weight and blood pressure and then a consult with the doctor.

All the doctor does is look at your ears nose and throat - "say Ah" and peek in your ears - and feels your neck glands. Quick listen to the chest and then a quick abdominal feel to your tummy.

Xrays really quick and 3 minute job just to xray your chest area - the paper gowns were a hoot especially for our 15 year old girl. Blood work very simple too.

Everyone was super nice but be prepared to have to go from one place to another for xrays and bloods and consult as most doctors dont do it all but recommend where to go.

Biggest surprise is that we found out that OH has extremely high blood pressure and we have been told to get him to the GP ASAP to have it investigated. One piece of advice I would say is go and have your physical done or a checkup with your family doctor then things like these dont come and bite your bum - we had no idea of this problem and it could hold up our PPR something we cannot afford to do.

Good Luck to everyone else who is waiting - your time will come.
Thanks for this it is really helpfull, although we are a long way from this stage I was wondering if the blood tests are fasting tests, did you need to fast before having them taken?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

No, they are normal blood tests.....no mention of having to fast or not.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Update here now

The DMP in Calgary told us as soon as we got back home to get to the doctors. Soo off we went to see the doctor and she couldnt believe that OH was walking around with a BP of 194/111 no other symptoms or anything. Apparantly with reading that high he should have other symptoms and if he had the other symptoms then he would have been hospitalised in ICU on drips to forcefully lower the reading

Luckily for us the Doctor is ordering tests over the next couple of days and already planning a letter to CHC for us

I work in a Doctors and it is amazing how many people are walking around with high BP and dont know about it. My hubby has just been diagnosed with this but luckily for him he gets checked every year at work, so we have been able to address this before we get to our medical stage.

There are lots of things he can do to help lower it, which is what we have been doing, excercise, diet, less stress, less salt no smoking, limit alcohol - my hubby's was 210/124 and his readings now are consistently 124/70. It has taken under 2 months and they did put him on medication with it being so high.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjr400
There are lots of things he can do to help lower it, which is what we have been doing, excercise, diet, less stress, less salt no smoking, limit alcohol - my hubby's was 210/124 and his readings now are consistently 124/70. It has taken under 2 months and they did put him on medication with it being so high.
This is the part that worries me more than anything :
  • He is the most chilled person I know
  • He coaches Junior soccer
  • We dont eat alot of junk food - I cook with fresh meat and veg and dont use processed foods
  • Dont use salt at all in cooking etc
  • Smokes 4 or 5 a day if that !
  • Last time we had a drink was late August I think

So god knows what caused it - the doctor said that is most certainly was not a stress thing about going for meds.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjr400
I work in a Doctors and it is amazing how many people are walking around with high BP and dont know about it. My hubby has just been diagnosed with this but luckily for him he gets checked every year at work, so we have been able to address this before we get to our medical stage.

210/124 that's really high, it's the first time I've heard about somebody having such a high reading. Glad to see he now has it under control & it just shows it's possible.
All the best.
Regards
Joinerboy
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

• We dont eat alot of junk food - I cook with fresh meat and veg and dont use processed foods

So god knows what caused it - the doctor said that is most certainly was not a stress thing about going for meds.
Sometimes it can be naturally high although you live healthy, at least you know about it now and can tackle it.

JET
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:44 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i so hear you on this one.............
Look at what happened to me, i am so glad that they have found it for him, sometimes if heart problems run in the family something minor can just set it off
It may delay PR but at least you will all be healthy
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
It may delay PR but at least you will all be healthy
but we cant afford that as you well know
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

but we cant afford that as you well know
It may delay it as he will have to have a creatinine blood test as well to determine if there is any kidney damage.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

It may delay it as he will have to have a creatinine blood test as well to determine if there is any kidney damage.
why will he need blood tests ??
He hasnt had a heart attack, they caught it early
BB what i was saying is it will delay, you still have a couple of months yet.........you know we all have everything crossed for you in the bridge.
Stuff comes to try us all, bloody hell i have been tested lately, but it will happen
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
why will he need blood tests ??
He hasnt had a heart attack, they caught it early
BB what i was saying is it will delay, you still have a couple of months yet.........you know we all have everything crossed for you in the bridge.
Stuff comes to try us all, bloody hell i have been tested lately, but it will happen
Maybe you show google high blood pressure+creatinine
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:28 am

Last edited by lancashirebird; Dec 3rd 2009 at 9:45 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road

Just got back from the physical in chest xray. Everything, asides from the secretary mispelling my name and address FOUR times, went pretty smooth. Dr said...and I quote " I wish I saw more people in as good a shape as you" SO I was obviously pretty happy, until half way home from the 2 and a half hour drive I realised the x ray technician didn't have me sign the form!!!!! I called the doctors, who knew "a couple hours ago" as the x ray clinic called them to tell them. I find it ridiculous between 2 places they couldn't have called me when they realised...I would have still been in Kingston!! Now the likelihood is...I'll have to make the 5 hr round trip Monday when the doctor has all the results...just to sign my name!! A little mad is an understatement!!...ohh well, if that's the only hurdle I face with the medical...I'm laughing!

One thing to note for people awaiting medicals...the price you are told for your physical DOES NOT include the price of x - rays and urine and blood tests. I had to pay this seperately (which I had no idea of) $50 for the x rays, $10.50 for the blood and urine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.