Taking the IELTS test

Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Taking the IELTS test

I am thinking taking the IELTS test. What part of the reading and writing section I should take, the Academic or General Training?

on the web site ielts.org says that General trining is ok for immigration puroposes. Is that right?

Thansk

MadHatters
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking the IELTS test

I'm sorry but you should really work on your grammar before you take this test. Maybe you'd be better off with the provided documentation.

Originally Posted by MadHatters
I am thinking taking the IELTS test. What part of the reading and writing section I should take, the Academic or General Training?

on the web site ielts.org says that General trining is ok for immigration puroposes. Is that right?

Thansk

MadHatters
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

My friend

I am sorry I did hurt your feelings and you were not able to recognize that they were typos. Usually I am doing many things at the same time and I don't pay much attention when I write here. I am quite busy getting my PhD in US, so I don't think they were grammar errors. Besides that, if you know the f... anwser, could you please help? It is just to make sure. That's what this forum is for.

MadHatters

Originally Posted by bartM
I'm sorry but you should really work on your grammar before you take this test. Maybe you'd be better off with the provided documentation.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My friend

I am sorry I did hurt your feelings and you were not able to recognize that they were typos. Usually I am doing many things at the same time and I don't pay much attention when I write here. I am quite busy getting my PhD in US, so I don't think they were grammar errors. Besides that, if you know the f... anwser, could you please help? It is just to make sure. That's what this forum is for.

MadHatters
www.cic.gc.ca say general.

PMM
Old Sep 15th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

My friend, I did answer your question before in the previous thread and the answer was no, I don't think you should take the test before the IA if you think you have point margin at 67, clear ?

Obviously I hurt your feelings but the ugly truth is that you make grammar errors, not only typos. Example? "I am thinking _of_ taking ", "section should _I_ take", "site ielts.org _it_ says", "English" is written with the capital letter, etc. If you make this type of mistakes at the test, obviously you will get reduced points, as opposed to 16 that you can get from your vast evidence of language proficiency. If honest answers scare you, don't ask the questions on this forum.

BTW, if you're doing a PhD, analyze logic in this sentence once again: "I am quite busy getting my PhD in US, so I don't think they were grammar errors."

My friend

MadHatters
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hey MadHatters

If you are not sure about IELTS just take it !
Take a month to prepare and take it. There are lots of specimen materials for the test, just buy any and start learning.
If your score won't be good enough, you don't need to submit the TRF to CIC. And you can always take the exam one more time (after 3 months break). People on this forum won't help you to pass the exam with highest score, YOU have to do it !

good luck
MJ

Thansk

MadHatters