Sydney Consulate

Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney Consulate

Congratulations OzRob things should move pretty fast for you now.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

hey didik...have u heard anything from cic sydney yet? hope things hurry up for you if you havent.

so did anyone here apply from sydney after ozrob i the 1st half of 2005, so between jan and ca. august/sept05?

maybe we can put a page with info on ppls timelines or ppl can put it in their profile. :-)

Originally Posted by Budgie1
Congratulations OzRob things should move pretty fast for you now.

Last edited by the big burp; Dec 10th 2006 at 8:17 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Sorry, nothing to update. No news from Sydney. Very disappointed, but what can i do? Waiting business continues.
ddk

Originally Posted by the big burp
hey didik...have u heard anything from cic sydney yet? hope things hurry up for you if you havent.

so did anyone here apply from sydney after ozrob i the 1st half of 2005, so between jan and ca. august/sept05?

maybe we can put a page with info on ppls timelines or ppl can put it in their profile. :-)
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

wannago - thanks for sharing your landing experience in another thread...hope you settle in well

didik - hope 2007 brings great things for u...hopefully in aus and canada

ozrob - have you one your meds yet? do let us know when you do your meds and when the processing of your visa goes to the next step.

hope everyone had a good xmas and new yr!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys, just wondering if we have any updates on the sydney thread?!?!? didik, did you get PR yet? any new comers getting IA's? Ozrob, hows things looking for you?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

I should have received my visa and enjoying my time somewhere in Canada. But the CIC people choose to bother with lengthy security check. I am now live quite comfortable in Australia with my family. We need to SETTLE down, and not very happy with the long wait. I am still keep my option to move to canada open.
I have received the "third" medical request, after lost the second one.Will update with the progress.
all the best to all of you who are waiting.

hi guys, just wondering if we have any updates on the sydney thread?!?!? didik, did you get PR yet? any new comers getting IA's? Ozrob, hows things looking for you?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 4:39 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

G'day all! I completed my medicals on the 24th of January. I am hoping that I get the passport request sometime soon. Shit didik, I can't believe that you are still waiting.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

nice to see a bit of action on the sydney thread.

gosh i cant believe theyre asking you for a 3rd medical didik, thats crazy....lets hope you get your visa soon.

ozrob, great that you got your medical done...hope you get your passport request soon. i noticed there was a long time between doing the medical and getting the IA, did you have a tough time getting a dtrs appointment? i remember you were on holiday
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:02 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

ozrob, great that you got your medical done...hope you get your passport request soon. i noticed there was a long time between doing the medical and getting the IA, did you have a tough time getting a dtrs appointment? i remember you were on holiday
It was a combination of being overseas and wanting to delay it as long as possible. My situation had changed somewhat since I applied. At the moment my work situation is extremely attractive. If I move to Canada this will change (I will have to pay tax again.... ) So I am not in a rush to get there now. I'll complete the process and relocate at the end of the contract. This will be in 2 or so years.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 10:35 am
Can I go now!?

Since I completed my medicals about 9 weeks before and they had stated that I should not contact them until 6 weeks after the medical I contacted them earlier this week. I promptly got a reply from them. They told me that my medical results were on file and that they will be sending correspondence to me late in the week. Looks like it is coming to an end at last...
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

thats great news Ozrob! congrats.
hope all goes smoothly for you....where u planning to settle?

dont suppose you know which month of applications theyre processing at the moment for IA??
Old May 4th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

didik, have you actually got your visa yet? just wondering how thigs are going for you.
cheers
Old May 5th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzRob
It was a combination of being overseas and wanting to delay it as long as possible. My situation had changed somewhat since I applied. At the moment my work situation is extremely attractive. If I move to Canada this will change (I will have to pay tax again.... ) So I am not in a rush to get there now. I'll complete the process and relocate at the end of the contract. This will be in 2 or so years.
The wait is so long for Canada that this is a risk the CIC runs. In between applying and getting visas granted, so many people must get promoted/get demoted/get divorced/get married/have kids/change their minds/die, etc. London is a 5 year wait now, which is ridiculous is today's employment market where so much changes so often. People who apply now may be seriously ineligible by the time the half-decade passes, or way too high-up to leave.

Simple solution: raise the pass mark to 75. Crisis over.

Still, glad you've finally got it all sorted and you're on your way after your contract.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:45 pm
Can I go now!?

Well the wait is finally over for me. Got the PPR on the 20th of April and sent the passport on the 23rd. The passport was delivered with the nice new visa on the 7th of May.

Plan now is a quick trip at the beginning of December to complete the process. Then I'll return to complete my contract in Malaysia and we'll see what happens after that.

Chok dee krap....
Old May 15th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

congrats ozrob! wish you all the best for your trip in december

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.