Sydney Consulate

Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Consulate

Originally Posted by Budgie1
Must be something in the air - we came home tonight to find our PPR as well!

Lots of celebrations all round sounds like.
Congratulations, Budgie1. Great news.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

I am EXTREMELY jealous. Congratulations!

Originally Posted by Wannago
Congratulations, Budgie1. Great news.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

congrats wannago and budgie! pls let us know how your landing and 'start up' in canada goes.

Originally Posted by didik
I am EXTREMELY jealous. Congratulations!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Hi guys,

I'm guessing this will be my final update in a 'waiting for news...' thread!

Recevied a phone call at lunch saying our passports are ready for pickup (with VISA included!).

In summary the process has taken:

Hired Lawyer/Started Collecting Documents: 01 March 2004
Actually sent off PR application/Documents: 28 October 2004
AOR: 12 November 2004 (stating 12 months expected processing time).
Delay Letter: 17 October 2005 (stating additional 12 months wait).
IA: 25 July 2006
Performed Medicals: 21 August 2006
PPR: 26 September 2006
VISA: 9 October 2006

So overall processing by the Consulate has taken 23 months against their (revised) estimate of 24 months which was pretty close overall.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting, I realise being patient and 'getting on with life' is hard work, but things will roll-around for you eventually.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

congrats on getting your visa budgie! seems like they process the applications very fast after the IA in sydney...best wishes for the landing and setlling in canada...when and where do you plan to land? it would be nice to give us a quick update once in canada.
cheers

Hi guys,

I'm guessing this will be my final update in a 'waiting for news...' thread!

Recevied a phone call at lunch saying our passports are ready for pickup (with VISA included!).

In summary the process has taken:

Hired Lawyer/Started Collecting Documents: 01 March 2004
Actually sent off PR application/Documents: 28 October 2004
AOR: 12 November 2004 (stating 12 months expected processing time).
Delay Letter: 17 October 2005 (stating additional 12 months wait).
IA: 25 July 2006
Performed Medicals: 21 August 2006
PPR: 26 September 2006
VISA: 9 October 2006

So overall processing by the Consulate has taken 23 months against their (revised) estimate of 24 months which was pretty close overall.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting, I realise being patient and 'getting on with life' is hard work, but things will roll-around for you eventually.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:32 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

I contacted the Sydney Consulate by email yesterday as I knew my application would be reviewed sometime some. My concern was that later this month I will be leaving Australia for 2 and a half months. They informed me that they are currently reviewing applications received in December 2004. They received my application early the following month. Anyway they informed me today that I can do the medicals in January if I get that far.

Has everyone that has had an IA from Sydney been asked for updated police clearances?

Last edited by OzRob; Oct 11th 2006 at 4:34 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Has everyone that has had an IA from Sydney been asked for updated police clearances?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that under the 'old' Sydney PR application process you were specifically requested not to submit Police Clearances until asked. So I envisage most of us recent IA'ers have actually been submitting Police Certificates for the first time as opposed to any resubmission.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

just wondering if theres any updates from CIC sydney or any of the ppl with newly issued visas landing in CA and what their thoughts/experiences are...

Has everyone that has had an IA from Sydney been asked for updated police clearances?
Don't forget that under the 'old' Sydney PR application process you were specifically requested not to submit Police Clearances until asked. So I envisage most of us recent IA'ers have actually been submitting Police Certificates for the first time as opposed to any resubmission.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the big burp
just wondering if theres any updates from CIC sydney or any of the ppl with newly issued visas landing in CA and what their thoughts/experiences are...

Yeah, I received some awesome news...posted about it here af ew days ago: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399090

Though it may not be of interest as I applied in the Family Class.

Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=the big burp]just wondering if theres any updates from CIC sydney or any of the ppl with newly issued visas landing in CA and what their thoughts/experiences are...

We won't be moving for few months yet to allow us to sell the house and save some more $$.

If memory serves be correct the next PR cabs off the rank should in theory be Didik who has been waiting for PPR since his IA in March or so and OzRob who is waiting for IA unless we have some lurkers hiding.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

i guess your right budgie...hope didk will get his PR soon...but i guess hell let us know when it happens - will probably be one of the biggest surprises of his life.

[QUOTE=Budgie1]
Originally Posted by the big burp

We won't be moving for few months yet to allow us to sell the house and save some more $$.

If memory serves be correct the next PR cabs off the rank should in theory be Didik who has been waiting for PPR since his IA in March or so and OzRob who is waiting for IA unless we have some lurkers hiding.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

hey everyone, in my other forum www.immigration.ca/discussion on sydney skilled worker thread theres 2ppl who applied in september 2006 who are getting their visas issued next week! they got their IAs in April & may 06
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:47 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

I haven't been around lately but I have some good news. It's a bit late as I have been on holiday. On the 6th of November Sydney issued a letter saying that I have had a successful IA and an interview will not be required.

Other than the medical the only thing they requested was payment of the ROLF. I submitted police clearances soon after my application was submitted.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzRob
I haven't been around lately but I have some good news. It's a bit late as I have been on holiday. On the 6th of November Sydney issued a letter saying that I have had a successful IA and an interview will not be required.

Other than the medical the only thing they requested was payment of the ROLF. I submitted police clearances soon after my application was submitted.
Congratulations! Hope it all goes well and you get your visas soon.

We are planning to leave early January and there is so much to be done.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

congrats ozrob!!! :-) i believe your a jan 05 aor, right? if so its great to know theyre now processing 2005 apps! yiiippee

Originally Posted by Wannago
Congratulations! Hope it all goes well and you get your visas soon.

We are planning to leave early January and there is so much to be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.