Sydney Consulate

Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Consulate

[QUOTE=Shadow_Dancer]
Originally Posted by fatdoc

Oh yeah, almost forgot...........we have the request for passports!!!!!!
Congratulations, Shadow Dancer!

We put our requested papers (police clearances, photographs, RPRF) in last Friday and now waiting for our PPR. Depends on the medical report but guessing around the end of the month.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Yes, that's where we're heading. I've had the flu the last week so still haven't had a chance to get our PR application off. I'd love to hear from more Aussies and their experiences etc.
Are you lodging your PR application now or sending off the medicals? If you are lodging it now, you just need to lodge the 3 page SAP form with the fees. No other documents are required.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by engin77
Are you lodging your PR application now or sending off the medicals? If you are lodging it now, you just need to lodge the 3 page SAP form with the fees. No other documents are required.
Yes, we're lodging via SAP. My husband has been offered a job in Toronto just recently so wasn't sure whether to wait until HRSDC approval then send in the full application, or to send in simplified application now to start the ball rolling. I think we'll do the latter, every month counts.

I wanted to take the application in personally, but since I've had the flu, haven't had a chance to get the bank cheque and get to the consulate.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

TonyTr is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, Shadow_Dancer,

Where did you do medical ? How long it takes to book a check-up? Please, share your experience!

Cheers,
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Sydni is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney Consulate

Hey blokes,
I have another active Sydney applicant's discussion going on in another forum . here is the link

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...TOPIC_ID=13833

Looks like there are heaps of Sydney applicants . I thought there would be only me and my wife -Heheheheh
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

yeah i started that thread as i couldnt find much info for sydney applicants! in that thread theyre mostly recent applicants and here you have ppl from 2004 who are doing meds and interviews etc. however i havent come across anyone that has applied early i.e. before july 2005 and after october 2004 yet...hmmm...

Originally Posted by Sydni
Hey blokes,
I have another active Sydney applicant's discussion going on in another forum . here is the link

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...TOPIC_ID=13833

Looks like there are heaps of Sydney applicants . I thought there would be only me and my wife -Heheheheh
Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Quick questions guys - did the consulate bother writing back to confirm to you that your police certificates, permanent residence fee etc was received by them after IA?

During the process sent through some updated doco and they wrote back confirming that they had recevied it, but I have not heard anything this time around and it has been a good 4 weeks since I sent everything off.

Thanks,
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

No Budgie, no confirmation. It is important to use registered post. You always can call them to confirm.
Originally Posted by Budgie1
Quick questions guys - did the consulate bother writing back to confirm to you that your police certificates, permanent residence fee etc was received by them after IA?

During the process sent through some updated doco and they wrote back confirming that they had recevied it, but I have not heard anything this time around and it has been a good 4 weeks since I sent everything off.

Thanks,
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by didik
No Budgie, no confirmation. It is important to use registered post. You always can call them to confirm.

Thanks for your input Didik - I sent an email to the consulate this morning and they confirmed that everything has arrived (including medicals) and is awaiting final review.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:35 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Here is the reply that I received from Sydney on the 30th of last month:

With current case volumes and staffing levels, processing times for immigrant applications in the Economic Classes have lengthened and are now projected to be approximately 24 months. So that office resources may be used to process applications rather than respond to status queries, please do not contact us to ask about case status unless 24 months have passed since your application was submitted.

We are currently processing application received in November 2004.

I am hoping to here something next month.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzRob
Here is the reply that I received from Sydney on the 30th of last month:

With current case volumes and staffing levels, processing times for immigrant applications in the Economic Classes have lengthened and are now projected to be approximately 24 months. So that office resources may be used to process applications rather than respond to status queries, please do not contact us to ask about case status unless 24 months have passed since your application was submitted.

We are currently processing application received in November 2004.

I am hoping to here something next month.
Hmmm, if they're short-staffed, I'll gladly go in and do volunteer work to help them!

I wonder if they're processing a lot of family-class applications, therefore pushing the skilled worker back.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, I'm glad I withdrew my Independant application and submitted a Common-Law one! The updated processing times says Aug 14 is what they are processing...and that's when they received our application to the day!!!!

I only wish I submitted a C-L application in the 1st place.....I could have been living there as a PR for the past 7 months!! Damn hindsight
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

thanks for letting us know ozrob! lets hope things pick up in the future...hehehe, i agree with ginger...ill gladly help them out

Originally Posted by Timmo
Man, I'm glad I withdrew my Independant application and submitted a Common-Law one! The updated processing times says Aug 14 is what they are processing...and that's when they received our application to the day!!!!

I only wish I submitted a C-L application in the 1st place.....I could have been living there as a PR for the past 7 months!! Damn hindsight
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the Visa today. Overjoyed.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wannago
Got the Visa today. Overjoyed.
Must be something in the air - we came home tonight to find our PPR as well!

Lots of celebrations all round sounds like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.