Sydney Consulate

Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice
Talking Re: Sydney Consulate

Greetings from Canada guys - our holiday is now half over but I just logged on to our email account to find an email from our lawyers on Friday saying that the Consulate has requested Medicals!

I should obtain a copy of the actual letter next week but I'm assuming we have IA as I do not think they would be reqesting medicals otherwise.

So our AOR to IA timeline has been 21 months.

Of course now we will have to wait a couple of weeks to get back to Australia and arrange our medicals but we are very excited to have finally made it past the IA hurdle.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting.

Quote from Mrs Budgie1 "We got it, we got it, we got it, we got it....." well you get the idea
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Consulate

Originally Posted by Budgie1
Greetings from Canada guys - our holiday is now half over but I just logged on to our email account to find an email from our lawyers on Friday saying that the Consulate has requested Medicals!
Congratulations! I am sure you are as excited as I was when I got my IA a few weeks back.

Since then we have applied for Police Clearances from Australia and two other countries where we lived for more than 6 months and have got the photographs and RPRF fee ready. Waiting for original documents from Canadian Consultant in order to arrange medical examinations.

regards,

Wannago

Last edited by Wannago; Aug 5th 2006 at 10:03 pm. Reason: fixed incorrect acronym
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!
The PPR has not come yet to me, at least four months since my medical. CIC sydney said that the security check could take up several months.

They are wasting their time to check my security background, they will find nothing.....

Originally Posted by Wannago
Congratulations! I am sure you are as excited as I was when I got my IA a few weeks back.

Since then we have applied for Police Clearances from Australia and two other countries where we lived for more than 6 months and have got the photographs and ROPR fee ready. Waiting for original documents from Canadian Consultant in order to arrange medical examinations.

regards,

Wannago
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board but have been reading posts for about a week.

We are going to lodge our PR application through the Sydney office when my husband returns from his "look-see" trip to Toronto early September. I was so pleased when I heard about the new simplified system, means I don't have to prepare everything straight away, yet we're able to get a place on the queue.

When I rang the Sydney consulate last week I was told at present there is about an 18 mth wait for processing - I guess I can't complain compared to the amount of time some other countries have to wait.

Anyway, hubby has been in Toronto for only 2 days and so far has reported back to me saying "look's like we're going ahead"! I'm so happy and have most of the forms already filled out ready for his signature and my personal delivery to the consulate!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Landed back in Sydney today after spending the last month in Canada and got my hot little hands on a package from our lawyers with our latest update.

I can confirm that as at 25 July 2006 my PR application progressed to the medical request stage with interview waver, so all up it has taken about 19 months to get from AOR to IA.

In addition to medicals the consulate requested Police Certificates, updated photographs and Right of Permanent Residency Fee.

Will post back when we make it to the next stage in processing (hopefully Passport request).

Best wishes to everyone else waiting.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for this information...good to know that sydney are working hard on our applications. budgie are you a native english speaker? what docs did u submit to prove your language ability and how many points did they give for it?
cheers

Hi Guys,

Landed back in Sydney today after spending the last month in Canada and got my hot little hands on a package from our lawyers with our latest update.

I can confirm that as at 25 July 2006 my PR application progressed to the medical request stage with interview waver, so all up it has taken about 19 months to get from AOR to IA.

In addition to medicals the consulate requested Police Certificates, updated photographs and Right of Permanent Residency Fee.

Will post back when we make it to the next stage in processing (hopefully Passport request).

Old Aug 19th 2006, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Shadow_Dancer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Thanks for that Budgie. We're in the same position now. Federal Police checks took longer than expected. Medicals no problem. Thanks for all the encouragement and advice guys. Now trying to determiine the best place to live in the GTA and trying to balance getting my son settled with a nice central location (for Toronto and the NW Business area) while we wait for passport requests.

Good luck to everyone
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for keeping us in touch...do let us know whn your passport requests come through etc. how much were the medical test in aus? are you a native english speaker...what docs did you send for proof of language and how many points did u get for it?

Originally Posted by Shadow_Dancer
Thanks for that Budgie. We're in the same position now. Federal Police checks took longer than expected. Medicals no problem. Thanks for all the encouragement and advice guys. Now trying to determiine the best place to live in the GTA and trying to balance getting my son settled with a nice central location (for Toronto and the NW Business area) while we wait for passport requests.

Good luck to everyone
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Shadow_Dancer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the big burp
thanks for keeping us in touch...do let us know whn your passport requests come through etc. how much were the medical test in aus? are you a native english speaker...what docs did you send for proof of language and how many points did u get for it?

Hi Burp,
The whole medical for two adults and a child came to $595. Medical examination cost about $150/person; $55 for the X-rays and $20/unit for the blood tests. We are native speakers so no test. Despite being 50 odd at the time of application we were given 78 points. I mention this only because an application some two years earlier would have placed us well below the acceptance mark. Such is fate I guess.

Take care out there
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info. its just you dont hear too much about ppl applying from sydney. good to know they gave you full points for language then :-)
all the best for the rest of the process.

Originally Posted by Shadow_Dancer
Hi Burp,
The whole medical for two adults and a child came to $595. Medical examination cost about $150/person; $55 for the X-rays and $20/unit for the blood tests. We are native speakers so no test. Despite being 50 odd at the time of application we were given 78 points. I mention this only because an application some two years earlier would have placed us well below the acceptance mark. Such is fate I guess.

Take care out there
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Sydney Consulate

Originally Posted by the big burp
thanks for the info. its just you dont hear too much about ppl applying from sydney. good to know they gave you full points for language then :-)
all the best for the rest of the process.
Yes, I guess some Aussies have sort of adopted this website, myself included, hope you Brits don't mind! I have to say that I find this forum one of the more educated and informative I've been on.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

I am a born and bred Aussie and English is my one and only language. In terms of docs to prove it rather then bothering with tests, I wrote a letter stating that I had studied english all through my primary and secondary schooling and included a copy of my HSC which inlcuded my English Marks.

About to go off and have our medicals done in a couple of hours, in terms of cost I can't quite remember the quote, but I think for the two of us it was around the $500 to $600 mark??

All the best guys.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info budgie ...hope your meds go well.

Hi Guys,

I am a born and bred Aussie and English is my one and only language. In terms of docs to prove it rather then bothering with tests, I wrote a letter stating that I had studied english all through my primary and secondary schooling and included a copy of my HSC which inlcuded my English Marks.

About to go off and have our medicals done in a couple of hours, in terms of cost I can't quite remember the quote, but I think for the two of us it was around the $500 to $600 mark??

All the best guys.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

Cost for medical + Bloodtest + Chest X-Ray was about $250 per person.

Nothing scary or terribly intrusive and all in all it took about 1.5 hours for two of us to have everything sorted.

Nothing to do now but continue with the waiting game!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your input budgie...all the best for the rest of the process.
hope things for everyone gets moving and that your visas will soon be issued!!

Hi guys,

Cost for medical + Bloodtest + Chest X-Ray was about $250 per person.

Nothing scary or terribly intrusive and all in all it took about 1.5 hours for two of us to have everything sorted.

Nothing to do now but continue with the waiting game!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.