Sydney Consulate

Old Jul 10th 2006, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Shadow_Dancer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Consulate

AOR October 2004. Skilled worker application. Request for medicals this morning. Interview waived. New Federal Police check requested. Posting this to give hope and support for those of you with applications being assessed by Sydney (Australia:- no not Nova Scotia LOL). Numb with shock and beginning to view our prospective destination in a more immediate light.

Good luck to those of you waiting.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Consulate

Originally Posted by Shadow_Dancer
AOR October 2004. Skilled worker application. Request for medicals this morning. Interview waived. New Federal Police check requested. Posting this to give hope and support for those of you with applications being assessed by Sydney (Australia:- no not Nova Scotia LOL). Numb with shock and beginning to view our prospective destination in a more immediate light.

Great news, Shadow Dancer.

May your application move fast from here onwards. It certainly gives hope to those of us in the queue.

Wannago
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:42 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Thanks for posting the information. Looks like I have at least another 3 months to wait..
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Good to hear this progress.

Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your kind words Guys. There is a light at the end of the tunnel LOL. Just the medes now but to judge by some of the mailing on this site recently, thats no walk in the park.

Good luck all
Old Jul 11th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Shadow_Dancer,

This is Mrs Budgie and I am really really excited for you especially considering our AOR was early Nov 04. I am interested in whether your AOR was the beginning or end of Oct 04?

Just curious to know if they maybe about to start the Nov 04 group or not.

Not that I'm impatient or anything..... Okay so maybe I am just a little.

My Husband and I are off to Canada for a holiday and a look-see in a week and a half. I'm kind of hoping that will make the time pass just that little bit quicker.

Regards,

Mrs Budgie1
Old Jul 12th 2006, 12:49 am
Just Joined

[This is Mrs Budgie and I am really really excited for you especially considering our AOR was early Nov 04. I am interested in whether your AOR was the beginning or end of Oct 04?

Just curious to know if they maybe about to start the Nov 04 group or not.

Not that I'm impatient or anything..... Okay so maybe I am just a little.

My Husband and I are off to Canada for a holiday and a look-see in a week and a half. I'm kind of hoping that will make the time pass just that little bit quicker.]

Hi Mrs Budgie, It was early October, first week as I remember but It shouldn't be too long for you and your husband now. It may be worth pointing out again (although I know it has been the subject of recent threads) that they are asking for a recent police check (federal police with fingerprints). We found that the problem with that, at least here in Melbourne, was the FP have a waiting list for fingerprint checks. Having read a previous thread we booked to have our fingerprints taken about six weeks ago and had it done last week. This waqs one delay we could do something about. They also want new photographs.

Enjoy your holiday in Canada! I'm envious! I'm sure you'll come back to good news

regards,

SD
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Just to confuse things "Mr" Budgie1 is back now!

Thanks for the fingerprint headsup, I actually thought it would take quite a few weeks longer to get our fingerprints/police check sorted out than it did.

We had ours done and sent away the application about mid June thinking it would take a good month to six weeks, but they came back two weeks later!

So anyway we at least have our Police Check dated June 06 ready and waiting for when (hopefully) there is some news waiting for us when we get back from our trip in late August.

Plan A is settle in British Columbia so that is were we will be spending our time as well as some sight-seeing inbetween (and of course the wife wants to do a detour to see the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta ).

The wait continues........
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:57 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Shadow_dancer - I had my meds yesterday in Sydney with Andrew Millar. Much less gruelling than I expected! Just x-ray, blood, urine, eye chart, and prod of the stomach! Maybe there are more tests if you are over a certain age, I'm not sure.

Best of luck!

Hayley
Old Jul 13th 2006, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by H143
Shadow_dancer - I had my meds yesterday in Sydney with Andrew Millar. Much less gruelling than I expected! Just x-ray, blood, urine, eye chart, and prod of the stomach! Maybe there are more tests if you are over a certain age, I'm not sure.

Best of luck!

Hayley

Thanks for that H143. It sure seems to vary a lot. At 53 you never know what they might discover You're in to the home straight now! After the meds it can take as little as six weeks. You must be getting excited! Good luck and may it all go smoothly from here.

SD
Old Jul 13th 2006, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Budgie1
Just to confuse things "Mr" Budgie1 is back now!

Thanks for the fingerprint headsup, I actually thought it would take quite a few weeks longer to get our fingerprints/police check sorted out than it did.

We had ours done and sent away the application about mid June thinking it would take a good month to six weeks, but they came back two weeks later!

So anyway we at least have our Police Check dated June 06 ready and waiting for when (hopefully) there is some news waiting for us when we get back from our trip in late August.

Plan A is settle in British Columbia so that is were we will be spending our time as well as some sight-seeing inbetween (and of course the wife wants to do a detour to see the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta ).

The wait continues........

Not too long now I hope! The West Edmonton Mall sounds fantastic what with the wave machine and all. Very popular with my friends in Edmonton. I was always tickled by their trips down to the "beach" on hot days. The lakes will seem a little tame compared to the ocean beaches around Melbourne but thats the trade off.

Hope you both have a great time in Canada!

SD
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:19 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Thanks. Sorry I got confused and thought you were going for meds in Sydney. Bit of a way for you to come from Melbourne!

Good luck and have a great holiday.

Hayley
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

Early this morning I checked my email and there it was - an email from our consultants in Canada along with a copy of the letter from CIC, Sydney. The Initial Assessment has been done, interview waived but they retain the right to interview at any stage. Request for medicals, photographs, updated Police Certificates, and request for RPRF. Compliance required in 60 days.

Turned very slowly to the wife and said "It's come". Thinking of all the things to be done and wishing the best for all of you waiting out there.

My details are in the signature.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations and thanks for the update - we're definately hoping there will be some good news waiting for us in a month when we're back from holidays!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wannago
Early this morning I checked my email and there it was - an email from our consultants in Canada along with a copy of the letter from CIC, Sydney. The Initial Assessment has been done, interview waived but they retain the right to interview at any stage. Request for medicals, photographs, updated Police Certificates, and request for RPRF. Compliance required in 60 days.

Turned very slowly to the wife and said "It's come". Thinking of all the things to be done and wishing the best for all of you waiting out there.

My details are in the signature.
All systems go!! Our thoughts are with you Wannago.

We're on hold at the moment. Our meds request went to our Toronto based lawyer who appears to be holidaying with Lord Lucan. We paid to have our fingerprints taken at Federal Police headquarters in Melbourne and duly sent them to Canberra with a check to cover the search. They were quickly returned with a demand that we pay the fingerprint fee again. Contacted Canberra and explained that we had paid this fee in Melbourne only to be told we were 'liars' as regional offices do not charge for this service. Our FP contact in Melbourne was furious and sympathetic in equal measure. He has sent a 'rocket' up the line but there is a growing suspicion there has been another alien landing in the ACT. Resubmitted the forms with cheque and proof of payment. No more letters from Little Green Men so it seems we are back in business. Have begun an Interpol search for lawyer.

SD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.