Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SW~~ Education and Qualification ?

SW~~ Education and Qualification ?

Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:17 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default SW~~ Education and Qualification ?

Hi

could anybody help with a query please. Have read the OP6 and searched on here but can't find the answer.

What actually counts as full time education?

I went to school from 5-16yrs, I then joined the Royal Navy at 16 and did a 4 year Electronic and Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship (HTEC Certificate).........later in life I did a distance learning BSC(Hons) Criminal Justice 2:1 via Portsmouth University......I completed this as quickly as was posible and it took me 3 years (study carried out after work, weekends and at summer schools etc)
How much does all this count for Education Years?

Also which qualification is the best to place on my application (which I haven't submitted yet)? There does not appear to be any posibility of placing both on there.

I note that the points awarded default to the years full time education if there is a mismatch on the criteria.

I would appreciate any views on this please
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:20 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SW~~ Education and Qualification ?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:30 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

This thread may also help you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495588

If not, then at least your thread has been bumped up again
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: SW~~ Education and Qualification ?

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Hi

could anybody help with a query please. Have read the OP6 and searched on here but can't find the answer.

What actually counts as full time education?

I went to school from 5-16yrs, I then joined the Royal Navy at 16 and did a 4 year Electronic and Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship (HTEC Certificate).........later in life I did a distance learning BSC(Hons) Criminal Justice 2:1 via Portsmouth University......I completed this as quickly as was posible and it took me 3 years (study carried out after work, weekends and at summer schools etc)
How much does all this count for Education Years?

Also which qualification is the best to place on my application (which I haven't submitted yet)? There does not appear to be any posibility of placing both on there.

I note that the points awarded default to the years full time education if there is a mismatch on the criteria.

I would appreciate any views on this please

Hello

I had similar problems to you on this thread. ie work qualifications gained through the military (Army), part-time degree. college diploma done more quickly that the normal time.

To get round it I submitted photocopies all my qualifications to ICAS (International Credential Assessment Service of Canada). They verified all the qualifications and provided a official report detailing equivalent Canadian Qualification and time in education. They even evaluated my study through work as a sandwich diploma.

I submitted this to CIC and they credited me with more points than I was going to claim. I then submitted my application and I now have my visa.

PM me if you need more info. Although this cost about CD$ 50 it was well worth the effort and only take about 3-4 weeks. Pay for full report then you can add any further qualifications for free.

Winston
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:04 am
No really, it doesn't

Winston

excellent reply Thank you

I will look into it right now...........I think 15 points would be enough to get me over but think that with a BSC(hons) and other quals I am worth a few more points.

Would be worth submitting the equivalent report though when they ask for my docs.

Jimmydean