SW application...PNP/TWP etc

Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:10 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SW application...PNP/TWP etc

Hi
We submitted our SW application early last year, and like many others, joined the long and winding queue.

I've managed to secure a couple of interviews in Calgary/Edmonton in a couple of weeks, so we'll be flying over for our first proper recce.

Say im fortunate enough to secure a job offer, what are my options...
would it be quicker to continue with the SW application, and have it fast tracked if/when i get the necessary approval, or would it be quicker to go down the PNP route (my job is on the list of eligible occupations).

Thanks for your help...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:13 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SW application...PNP/TWP etc

it seems that abpnp changed their policy as of october 2007: here is the faq's for employers in which they outline the step-by-step-process for abpnp. if you are nominated you may apply for a lmo-exempt wp (according to r204c of the tw-manual outlined in this thread ) disclaimer: before you go that route check with abpnp if they actually support it - i didn't find an according statement on that page...
be aware that technically and according to the general cic rules you might be in the position to withdraw your sw-application and reapply under the pnp-stream, with a second processing fee involved. but as andrew miller said - london seems to be way more liberal in these matters and in the past did shift applications from one line-up to the other without hassle or additional cost for the applicant. so please look at this sentence as a piece of information and not something to scare you off.

if for whatever reason pnp isn't an option for your employer he has the option to get an lmo to bring you over on a wp first. but lmo take around half a year or more in ab these days (according to the lmo-time line thread). once you are working here you can update london with your current information (have a look at andrews generic check list) and ask for fast-tracking.

same procedure with aeo - the difference is that you have to wait in the uk until your fast tracked pr-application is approved.

since all three options are a two step thing i think the federal cic part takes about the same amount of time (somewhere between 6 and 18 months - as a rule of thumb the completer the application the faster). what you need to consider is the time for the first hurdle involved: how long does it take to be nominated by abpnp versus how long is the processing time for an lmo or an aeo.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SW application...PNP/TWP etc

excellent. many thanks