Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

supporting evidence Judy ?? Andrew??

supporting evidence Judy ?? Andrew??

Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default supporting evidence Judy ?? Andrew??

I have searched and searched but can only find fragmented bits on supporting evidence so dont shout me down if all has been said before

I also cant find anything specifice on the excellent WIKI

I would like to share my evidence gathering in the hope that others might comment if I have missed anything and also it might help others along the way.

I heard from a BE member that although not the principal applicant CIC still wanted her husbands O level certs this is something I would not have included and could well have cost me many weeks delay. Its this kind of info that is so very valuable to us all.

It would be great if anyone can share details of anything they missed and were later asked to provide??? It would save so much time expense and trauma for others.

My husbands O level certs have now been sent for at a cost of £42.70 for a replacement( it was 30 years ago) rip off Britiain at its finest!

so here goes

copies of all except police docs

principal applicant and spouse

General ID and address evidence--------

passports -current

passports- expired with pages copied of all foreign travel and previous visits to canada

driving licences for both UK and Nova scotia

birth certificates

marriage certificate

divorce decree absolute for both of us

proof of address for the last 10 years - solicitors letters confirming sales of property, utiliyy bills and bank statements from old homes

current proof of address including Canadian address and Uk address- utility bills for both

Police certs------

certificates from all countries lived in for over 6 months since age of 18
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CANADA - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFRIM THIS IS DEFINITLY CORRECT PLEASE AS HUSBAND HAS LIVED IN CANADA A FEW YEARS AGO PRIOR TO THIS VISIT???
I understand you dont provide Canadian police certs until you are asked?

some police certs are over a year old so statement included( notarized) along with copies of passport pages decalring no vits have been made to any of these countries since the issue of the police certs???? anyone else done this?

Health----

we are someway off being called for medicals but trying to get everything in advance.

Letter from Private health insurance company in the Uk confirming no claims have ever been made.

Letter from private ex pat health insurer worldwide ( insurance we bought to cover all health costs for our stay in canada prior to immigration process) to also confirm no claims ever made.

Husband UK medical records from old GP in Uk as he did have a stay in hospital over 5 years ago for a kidney stone ( no surgery, no probs, all passed naturally etc etc no probs since)

Letter from hospital in the UK as guess what absolutly nothing in his medical records about the kidney event!!!

Education-------

we are community identified so nothing as tramatic as needing points or a job so our evidence will not be as extensive as others.
We simply have to prove a total of one years post secondary Education which can be trade certificates.

principal applicant-

1 year city and guilds course it was 20 hours a week which is neither full or part time????
I have got replacement certificates from City and Guilds be warned they took 4 months to arrive
No proof of hours of attendance and it was so long ago city and guilds are of no help.
I have printed the course details from the college website stating the course title sylabus and duration ie 1 year full time so I am hoping that is going to be acceptable.
3 other City and guild 1 year courses all part time ( 3 hours a week, 8 hours a week, and 6 hours a week)
Plus copies of in house civil service training courses and other trade courses ( all part time)

O level certificates
CSE certificates

spouse-
O level certificates
Army training statement of all courses completed
certificates of all other courses attended and exams passed over the years ( all part time) plus downloads from all of the examining boards websites confriming course title, level, duration of course

employment----
principla applicant

statement from old employer confriming start and end dates only( i worked there 5 years ago and left in less than ideal circumtances so i only want dates and nothing else:curse I worked in this job for 25 years.

I was a part time teacher 16 years ago I have only 2 pay slips which span 18 months.
Letter from the university where I taught confriming they no longer hold any records about me along with the two wage slips.

Letter from the hospital where I started nurse training 30 years ago confriming they no longer hold any records on me!!! Hope that will be enough for CIC as I have absolutely no proof of this work it was only for 2 months!!!

my darling doggys now need the call of nature so I will add to this post later

Hope you all havent nodded off by now
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:09 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Re: supporting evidence Judy ?? Andrew??

Originally Posted by chumley
I have searched and searched but can only find fragmented bits on supporting evidence so dont shout me down if all has been said before

I would like to share my evidence gathering in the hope that others might comment if I have missed anything and also it might help others along the way.

I heard from a BE member that although not the principal applicant CIC still wanted her husbands O level certs this is something I would not have included and could well have cost me many weeks delay. Its this kind of info that is so very valuable to us all.

It would be great if anyone can share details of anything they missed and were later asked to provide??? It would save so much time expense and trauma for others.

My husbands O level certs have now been sent for at a cost of £42.70 for a replacement( it was 30 years ago) rip off Britiain at its finest!

so here goes

passports -current

passports- expired with pages copied of all foreign travel and previous visits to canada

birth certificates

marriage certificate

proof of address for the last 10 years - solicitors letters confirming sales of property, utiliyy bills and bank statements from old homes

current proof of address including Canadian address and Uk address- utility bills for both

Police certs------

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CANADA - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFRIM THIS IS DEFINITLY CORRECT PLEASE AS HUSBAND HAS LIVED IN CANADA A FEW YEARS AGO PRIOR TO THIS VISIT???

some police certs are over a year old so statement included( notarized) along with copies of passport pages decalring no vits have been made to any of these countries since the issue of the police certs???? anyone else done this?

Health----

we are someway off being called for medicals but trying to get everything in advance.

Letter from Private health insurance company in the Uk confirming no claims have ever been made.

Letter from private ex pat health insurer worldwide ( insurance we bought to cover all health costs for our stay in canada prior to immigration process) to also confirm no claims ever made.

Husband UK medical records from old GP in Uk as he did have a stay in hospital over 5 years ago for a kidney stone ( no surgery, no probs, all passed naturally etc etc no probs since)

Letter from hospital in the UK as guess what absolutly nothing in his medical records about the kidney event!!!

Education-------

we are community identified so nothing as tramatic as needing points or a job so our evidence will not be as extensive as others.
We simply have to prove a total of one years post secondary Education which can be trade certificates.

principal applicant-

1 year city and guilds course it was 20 hours a week which is neither full or part time????
I have got replacement certificates from City and Guilds be warned they took 4 months to arrive
No proof of hours of attendance and it was so long ago city and guilds are of no help.
I have printed the course details from the college website stating the course title sylabus and duration ie 1 year full time so I am hoping that is going to be acceptable.
3 other City and guild 1 year courses all part time ( 3 hours a week, 8 hours a week, and 6 hours a week)
Plus copies of in house civil service training courses and other trade courses ( all part time)

O level certificates
CSE certificates

spouse-
O level certificates
certificates of all other courses attended and exams passed over the years ( all part time) plus downloads from all of the examining boards websites confriming course title, level, duration of course

employment----
principla applicant

statement from old employer confriming start and end dates only( i worked there 5 years ago and left in less than ideal circumtances so i only want dates and nothing else:curse I worked in this job for 25 years.

I was a part time teacher 16 years ago I have only 2 pay slips which span 18 months.
Letter from the university where I taught confriming they no longer hold any records about me along with the two wage slips.

Letter from the hospital where I started nurse training 30 years ago confriming they no longer hold any records on me!!! Hope that will be enough for CIC as I have absolutely no proof of this work it was only for 2 months!!!

Well done is there anything left to add!!!!! Do you need proof of funds?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

back now after a few coors lights so excuse spolling mistooks!

proof of business experience - not easy this one for anyone who has been self employed???

letters from solicitor confirming purchase and sale of business
6 letters from old customers( we had a pub/restaurant)
assortment of bills from suppliers beer/stock/food covering the 2 years we had the business
liquor licence still valid till 2015
dont want to send tax returns as we didnt make a profit until the business was sold
I did my own accounts and VAT and sacked my accountant as he was SH##E
hope this is enough any pointers from other who have had to prove self employment warmly welcomed

proof of funds

all Uk accounts are online so can only provide online statement printouts in the hope that they are acceptable????
16 UK accounts
4 Canadian accounts
UK pension forecasts for both of us ( you can now only get these online eg online printouts)
Army pension statement
Civil service pension statement
we have provided details of retirement income as even though a few years away we want to show we wont be a burden to canada in our retirement anyone else done this?
proof of canadian home ownwership ( deeds from purchase of canadian proof no mortgage outstanding)

non accomaniying children

statement signed by a canadian solicitor confirming no relationship with husbands childern for over a decade and not included in application
statement from CSA stating no child support arrears
we have nothing else re any custody docs??
husband ex wife has full custody my husband has always met csa payments and these are deducted directly from army pension and will be until liability ends ( end of 2008)

now have i missed anything folks??
Does anyone ant any pointers on where to find evidence?
Happy to help provide links etc
good luck all
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:56 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Chumley ! I think you`ve got it all covered where are you living at the moment ?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:40 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

My husband also had to a sign a declaration at the court to say that the children from his previous marriage are not included on the application.

This may be required as well!!!!in the near future
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

we have got a signed declaration witnessed by a Canadian lawyer but havent gone through a court? do we need to???
one child is 20 one is 18 in a couple of months so both adults by the time our application is sorted.
Any advice much appreciated
Many thanks
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

we have got a signed declaration witnessed by a Canadian lawyer but havent gone through a court? do we need to???
one child is 20 one is 18 in a couple of months so both adults by the time our application is sorted.
Many thanks
Hi Chumley
Can you let me know what the Community identified is please?
Please PM me
Re above, as the 'children' are adults, I should not think they count as children for the purpose of this unless under 22 and dependant on you and still in Education? If I am wrong someone will correct me no doubt.
lol and good luck
Stef
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:50 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Can you let me know what the Community identified is please?
Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

Re above, as the 'children' are adults, I should not think they count as children for the purpose of this unless under 22 and dependant on you and still in Education? If I am wrong someone will correct me no doubt.
A child can be defined as a dependent child if he/she is over 22 but is a full-time student and has been substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22. For the full definition, see Dependent Child-Canada.
x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:22 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks
Hi Chumley

The kids are not dependents on us.....both working....they live in Scotland and we live in the England. One is 18 and the other is nearly 21 but the paperwork was still required.

A Canadian Lawyer is fine as long as their are a person who is a Commissioner of Oath.

I hope this helps.

PS Stef .lol Someone is always ready to put you right
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

so here goes

passports -current

birth certificates

marriage certificate

Police certs------

Health----

Education-------

principal applicant-

O level certificates
CSE certificates

spouse-
O level certificates

employment----
principla applicant

Is the above list the evidence that you have been asked to provide?
Having gained residency via the Community Identified Stream I do not recognise many things on this list. Is this one that others have informed you that you need?
Which area of Canada are you going down this stream with?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Is the above list the evidence that you have been asked to provide?
Having gained residency via the Community Identified Stream I do not recognise many things on this list. Is this one that others have informed you that you need?
Which area of Canada are you going down this stream with?
Can I just ask, what the requirements are for medical records. Are they required for PR and do insurers have access to them? There was this case in England last week about someone being refused cover on the basis of a doctors visit that was classed as three visits, because of a blood test, then a call back for results, which I think were negative. Just wondering if pre-existing conditions are assumed by insurers regardless of actual diagnosis.
Thanks
Steve