Supporting Documentation.

Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:11 am
Just Joined

CoffeeCup is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Supporting Documentation.

Hello all.

Well, almost 2 years after submitting my original application, I finally received the letter stating I have 90 days to update my file, "or else".

Hardly seems fair really, CHC get all the time in the world to sit on an application, then decide I get a 3 months deadline to chase up new documentation I originally submitted. Ah well they're very busy people so they need a laugh.

So with renewed interest in my application, I decided to start doing more research, during which I discovered this forum. You all seem a friendly bunch so decided to join in.

Anyhoo, I do have one question at this point, if somebody could be so kind to lend a little advice...

When sending in supporting documentation (like marriage certificates, proof of funds and etcetera), do the copies need to be certified, or will simple photocopies of the orginals do?

Thanks in advance...
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supporting Documentation.

It depends from visa post - follow instructions from visa post specific kit here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...d-mission.html

Originally Posted by CoffeeCup
Hello all.

Well, almost 2 years after submitting my original application, I finally received the letter stating I have 90 days to update my file, "or else".

Hardly seems fair really, CHC get all the time in the world to sit on an application, then decide I get a 3 months deadline to chase up new documentation I originally submitted. Ah well they're very busy people so they need a laugh.

So with renewed interest in my application, I decided to start doing more research, during which I discovered this forum. You all seem a friendly bunch so decided to join in.

Anyhoo, I do have one question at this point, if somebody could be so kind to lend a little advice...

When sending in supporting documentation (like marriage certificates, proof of funds and etcetera), do the copies need to be certified, or will simple photocopies of the orginals do?

Thanks in advance...