SuperVisa query

Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

BartyM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SuperVisa query

Since Canada are making changes to the SuperVisa, it’s now an attractive option ( unsuccessfully applied for PGP) for my wife and I to visit our son and grandchildren for an extended period.

Can anyone help with the following questions ?

- what are the current/average processing times for an UK application ? Canadian website throws up an error when querying it.
- how long do you have to “activate” the SuperVisa after it’s been approved ?
- is the visa associated with a particular passport ? My passport expires in 2026, the SuperVisa is for up to 10 years, what happens when I get a new passport ?

TIA

Barry
Old Jun 8th 2022, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SuperVisa query

Originally Posted by BartyM
- what are the current/average processing times for an UK application ? Canadian website throws up an error when querying it.
Unfortunately, no way of knowing given the backlog - for example, FST EE applications used to take approx 6 months, now published processing time is nearly 4 years. So what the Super Visa used to take probably isn't relevant any more.

- how long do you have to “activate” the SuperVisa after it’s been approved ?
Your POE letter is usually valid for a year.

- is the visa associated with a particular passport ? My passport expires in 2026, the SuperVisa is for up to 10 years, what happens when I get a new passport ?
Yes, but you can just take your expired passport with you and the visa in it will still be valid.

HTH.