Super Visa Question

Old Jul 31st 2016, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Default Super Visa Question

Hello, we've made the 2016 cap for PR through the family sponsorship route and are considering applying for a super visa next year. My question is that after our 2-yr visit is up and we have to return home, how long do we need to stay in the UK for before returning to Canada. Am I right in thinking we can bounce back and fore every 2-years for 10 years until our PR is finally granted?

Additionally, we'd love to do some travelling through the US, does this classify as leaving Canada or do we have to return to the UK specifically?

Thank you.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Visa Question

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
Hello, we've made the 2016 cap for PR through the family sponsorship route and are considering applying for a super visa next year. My question is that after our 2-yr visit is up and we have to return home, how long do we need to stay in the UK for before returning to Canada. Am I right in thinking we can bounce back and fore every 2-years for 10 years until our PR is finally granted?

Additionally, we'd love to do some travelling through the US, does this classify as leaving Canada or do we have to return to the UK specifically?

Thank you.
You can extended the Super Visa for a further 2 years from within Canada. The SV is valid for 10 years...you should be able to extend it every 2 years.

They seem to be processing the PR family sponsorships quicker now. We applied Jan 2014...it is currently being processed.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 5:23 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, we did much the same as you will be doing.
However, if you come over on the Supervisa and await issuing of the PR while within Canada uder the SV make sure that all of your contact details are updated with CIC.
It's so easy to slip up and we were very lucky.
Our daughter sponsored us, we later applied for the SV, sold our house and moved across the pond. Our internet and email address was with Virgin before we left and this was cancelled along with the contract. As it happened, Virgin didn't cancel our email account for many months and luckily, although we'd told CIC of our new email address, notification that we needed to complete forms in moving from stage 1 to stage 2 arrived via the old address weeks before it expired.
Not sure what would have happened had we not received it but I seem to recall that it was important.
In retrospect we should have adopted a global email account that wasn't subject to cancellation, but it's something you miss in the excitement never expecting it to be important.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dave_j
Congratulations, we did much the same as you will be doing.
However, if you come over on the Supervisa and await issuing of the PR while within Canada uder the SV make sure that all of your contact details are updated with CIC.
It's so easy to slip up and we were very lucky.
Our daughter sponsored us, we later applied for the SV, sold our house and moved across the pond. Our internet and email address was with Virgin before we left and this was cancelled along with the contract. As it happened, Virgin didn't cancel our email account for many months and luckily, although we'd told CIC of our new email address, notification that we needed to complete forms in moving from stage 1 to stage 2 arrived via the old address weeks before it expired.
Not sure what would have happened had we not received it but I seem to recall that it was important.
In retrospect we should have adopted a global email account that wasn't subject to cancellation, but it's something you miss in the excitement never expecting it to be important.
That was lucky & I'll be sure to take note. As it happens we will probably keep our email address as it's a business one and some business will still continue, but thanks very much for the heads-up :-)
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You can extended the Super Visa for a further 2 years from within Canada. The SV is valid for 10 years...you should be able to extend it every 2 years.

They seem to be processing the PR family sponsorships quicker now. We applied Jan 2014...it is currently being processed.
Thanks Jerseygirl, I've followed a few of your threads and wish you a speedy application. I made sure our application was received on 3rd January 2016, CIC acknowledged receipt on 16th May. We'll keep our fingers crossed they manage to reduce their backlog and bring down processing times, but won't hold our breath. It's useful to have the SV as a contingency option.