Success!

Old Aug 15th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

moosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Success!

Hi everyone, I've been dipping in and out of this forum over the last few months but just wanted to come on here now to share the good news that after 4 years we finally heard yesterday that our application to move to Canada under the Self Employed route has been successful!

Just need to send photos and passport copies and we'll have our COPR within 4 weeks. After 4 years of checking my email and wondering each time if there'd be any news it's a strange (but good) feeling to finally be at this stage!

Now to begin the daunting task of winding things up here :-/
Old Aug 15th 2015, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Success!

Congratulations!! 4 years is a long time, so I can understand it being a strange feeling. Where are you hoping to move to?
Old Aug 16th 2015, 6:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moosemeadows
Hi everyone, I've been dipping in and out of this forum over the last few months but just wanted to come on here now to share the good news that after 4 years we finally heard yesterday that our application to move to Canada under the Self Employed route has been successful!

Just need to send photos and passport copies and we'll have our COPR within 4 weeks. After 4 years of checking my email and wondering each time if there'd be any news it's a strange (but good) feeling to finally be at this stage!

Now to begin the daunting task of winding things up here :-/
Woooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!

Congrats and hope that your move over is smooth and successful.

Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

moosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nativenewyorker
Congratulations!! 4 years is a long time, so I can understand it being a strange feeling. Where are you hoping to move to?
Thank you! We're heading over straight after Christmas to do a 'recce'. It'll definitely be BC and we're currently thinking Hope will work well in terms of price and location. Business-wise we don't want to be too far from Vancouver...Hope is only around 1.5 hours away and it's also not too far from the Okanagan- another area we want to be able to reach for business.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Woooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!

Congrats and hope that your move over is smooth and successful.

Thanks Siouxie, I hope so too! :-)
Old Aug 16th 2015, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moosemeadows
Hope is only around 1.5 hours away and it's also not too far from the Okanagan- another area we want to be able to reach for business.
What's your line of business?

Hope can be a 'bit far out' when it comes to the Lower Mainland and also the Okanagan...
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by withabix
What's your line of business?

Hope can be a 'bit far out' when it comes to the Lower Mainland and also the Okanagan...
I'm a photographer, so a 2 or 3 hour drive to get to a job is fairly normal. Most meetings are initially done over Skype/Facetime which makes it not so important where you're based....web SEO is more important than where you live.

I wouldn't mind living a little bit closer to Vancouver but as the location isn't critical to the business and the house pricing in Hope is allowing us to have a much smaller mortgage than we have here in the UK then I'm fine with it. Plus we passed through Hope on our last trip and I loved the situation!