Submitting PP in person at CHC?

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

edmBound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submitting PP in person at CHC?

I plan on going to the CHC in person today to hand in my passport so that they can issue my visa.

Does anybody know how long this takes?
It says that they are only open between 2pm-3:30pm, and all they have to do is to give me a receipt.
I just wanted to know if there are normally queues as I am going in my lunch break?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Submitting PP in person at CHC?

Originally Posted by edmBound
I plan on going to the CHC in person today to hand in my passport so that they can issue my visa.

Does anybody know how long this takes?
It says that they are only open between 2pm-3:30pm, and all they have to do is to give me a receipt.
I just wanted to know if there are normally queues as I am going in my lunch break?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Can I ask a question...Have CHC requested extra photos for you to bring along?
Well Good luck
frankieforehead
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

No.... I don't think so.
They have only asked for the two immigration sized photos.
I was fortunate enough that they returned two of the immigration photos I submitted as part of my application. So I have included these.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

No.... I don't think so.
They have only asked for the two immigration sized photos.
I was fortunate enough that they returned two of the immigration photos I submitted as part of my application. So I have included these.
Ok Thanks,
How long do you think it will be until they issue you with your visa?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

On the pp request it says that if I sent it in then it could take 20 days from the time of receipt.
But if you hand it in in person then it takes 10 working days. They open every Thursday between 2-3:30pm. So you can pick it up the second Thursday.

As I work in London, I thought I may as well drop it off as I wasn't too keen on posting my passport.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

On the pp request it says that if I sent it in then it could take 20 days from the time of receipt.
But if you hand it in in person then it takes 10 working days. They open every Thursday between 2-3:30pm. So you can pick it up the second Thursday.

As I work in London, I thought I may as well drop it off as I wasn't too keen on posting my passport.
Bloody hell...I'm quite excited at that and I haven't even got my passport request yet. If only that system worked for the initial application (Quicker processing)....don't tell me it does.. I would've jumped on a train and done it myself.
Where abouts in Canada are you going?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

I am going to Edmonton to be with my wife.

I just bought my one-way ticket this week. I leave in July.

I know it sounds silly but booking that ticket was pretty scary. There is something so final about buying a one-way ticket.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am going to Edmonton to be with my wife.

I just bought my one-way ticket this week. I leave in July.

I know it sounds silly but booking that ticket was pretty scary. There is something so final about buying a one-way ticket.
Nice place Edmonton, We love shopping in the Mall. We live in Cochrane, Just west of Calgary.
It is weird booking your final ticket, we have been looking at the Canadian affair website wondering if we should do the same, but we are not at your stage so we are just going to wait a while.
Good luck with everything
frankieforehead
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Update from my trip to CHC.

It was fairly painless.
Got to CHC at approx 13:45.
Queued up outside.
Got in at 14:00.
Went thru security.
And I was out by 14:15.

Very efficient.

My only gripe would be those pesky queue jumpers. God their annoying.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 3:12 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi,
Can I ask a question...Have CHC requested extra photos for you to bring along?
Well Good luck
frankieforehead

Hi frankieforehead,

We just recieved PP request and they asked for.......

1. 2 x Passport size photos of all of us
2. Colour of eyes and height of all of us
3. Passports

I thought they might want another police certificate as well because ours expired in July 04 but they havn't asked for one

Our consultants reckon 7 to 10 days for visa..........we shall see!!

Last edited by bananahammock; Mar 3rd 2005 at 3:15 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi frankieforehead,

We just recieved PP request and they asked for.......

1. 2 x Passport size photos of all of us
2. Colour of eyes and height of all of us
3. Passports

I thought they might want another police certificate as well because ours expired in July 04 but they havn't asked for one

Our consultants reckon 7 to 10 days for visa..........we shall see!!
Hi bananahammock,
is that the regular photo booth passport size photos, or the specific size that you had to submit with your initial application?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:07 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Hi bananahammock,
is that the regular photo booth passport size photos, or the specific size that you had to submit with your initial application?
Hi again,
I asked our consultant to check and she said use the same photographs as we did when we first applied.............I wanted to run over to the passport machine at Tesco and do it but she laughed and told me not to do anything risky at this late stage