Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Submitting our application tomorrow!

Submitting our application tomorrow!

Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:38 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submitting our application tomorrow!

Can't wait to post this off! It also means less threads started by me asking about minute details of each question...........so one more for the road!

In mid January 2011 I left one job and I started another in February 2011

So on my personal history document it's written as

02/2011 - 05/2011 *next job*
09/2009 - 01/2011 *this job*

So im wondering, is that ok? to end on 01/2011 and start 02/2011 or is that considered a gap? Should I put a line for the 2 weeks before starting that job?

I know you're probably thinking, this guy is obsessing over this one question far too much...but it's the only part my g/f trusted me with the responsibility to complete on my own.....
Stewart84 is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:46 am
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Stewart84
Can't wait to post this off! It also means less threads started by me asking about minute details of each question...........so one more for the road!

In mid January 2011 I left one job and I started another in February 2011

So on my personal history document it's written as

02/2011 - 05/2011 *next job*
09/2009 - 01/2011 *this job*

So im wondering, is that ok? to end on 01/2011 and start 02/2011 or is that considered a gap? Should I put a line for the 2 weeks before starting that job?

I know you're probably thinking, this guy is obsessing over this one question far too much...but it's the only part my g/f trusted me with the responsibility to complete on my own.....
There must be no gaps.

If you had a 2 week period where you were between jobs then that period should be written down as 'unemployed'.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:00 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Thanks Siouxie

It...is...gone!

Now to begin the wait!

When we get confirmation I will post so we can get on that spreadsheet.

Paid all fees upfront, the medical results were actually sent to CIC early Feb so im hoping this means it will be a quicker process, but i know it can be random.
Stewart84 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2014, 7:25 am
  #4  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Stewart84
Thanks Siouxie

It...is...gone!

Now to begin the wait!

When we get confirmation I will post so we can get on that spreadsheet.

Paid all fees upfront, the medical results were actually sent to CIC early Feb so im hoping this means it will be a quicker process, but i know it can be random.
+1 for exactly what Siouxie said. For Husband, he had one week in between jobs, but that one week happened to go over a month end, so we ended up writing his as:

2006-12 to 2009-08 - Job1
2009-08 to 2009-09 - unemployed (1 week)
2009-09 to PRESENT - Job2

A bit ridiculous, considering if he had that one week i nthe same month it wouldn't've mattered, but better safe than sorry.

Let me know once you've posted it off and I'll get you added! Best bet is to post in the Timeline for Spousal SPonsorship thread, that's where most of those who are playing the waiting game tend to hang out.
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:59 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 166
Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Yeah thats exactly what I did, i didnt bother typing in days because A) The form isnt even set out like that and B) I cant remember. But to be honest from CIC's point of view every month of my life going back to when I was 18 is covered now so Im hoping its ok.


Im gonna need a new hobby now...
Stewart84 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:51 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 223
AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

I thought it would be a relief sending ours, but I am still stressing over it!

I'm hoping it gets sent back(I know, weird) as I have forgotten a foreign trip on the where you've been form and I can't stop panicking over it. Looking at this forum stresses me out too, as it makes me think about our application.
AlmostThere12 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:16 pm
  #7  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by AlmostThere12
I thought it would be a relief sending ours, but I am still stressing over it!

I'm hoping it gets sent back(I know, weird) as I have forgotten a foreign trip on the where you've been form and I can't stop panicking over it. Looking at this forum stresses me out too, as it makes me think about our application.
Once you have your UCI number, just send them a case specific enquiry and give them the information and explain that you had forgotten to put it down. Better to do that than be asked why you didn't and possibly be suspected of misrepresentation!

Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:05 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 223
AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Once you have your UCI number, just send them a case specific enquiry and give them the information and explain that you had forgotten to put it down. Better to do that than be asked why you didn't and possibly be suspected of misrepresentation!

Thank you. Can't believe we forgot it, it was a long trip too. I think all the forms, stress and doing our first tax return at the same time, took it's toll on my brain power! Can't believe how stupid I am!
AlmostThere12 is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:27 am
  #9  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by AlmostThere12
Thank you. Can't believe we forgot it, it was a long trip too. I think all the forms, stress and doing our first tax return at the same time, took it's toll on my brain power! Can't believe how stupid I am!
You are welcome.

You could redo that specific form, send an email explaining your error and attach the form to it = that way, the dates will all line up.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:43 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
confusedimmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Hey Almosthere . I hope you wont mind me asking a quick question. you mentioned you have paid all the fees upfront . is it the processng fee and the right to permanent residence fee ?

How did you manage to compete the medicals in advance ?

Also, I am using a friends credit card to pay the fee. you reckon his name would appear on the reciept ? And is it okay for me to use someone elses credit card as long as he agree's ?
Cheers and thank you
confusedimmigrant is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:53 am
  #11  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by confusedimmigrant
Hey Almosthere . I hope you wont mind me asking a quick question. you mentioned you have paid all the fees upfront . is it the processng fee and the right to permanent residence fee ?
Yes you pay everything. If it's only you applying for PR (no dependants) then the magic number should be $1040.

How did you manage to compete the medicals in advance ?
Read the guide - for family class you *have* to do the medicals in advance and provide the receipt in the package as proof that you've done it. Have another read through the guide and checklists as this is written quite explicitly.

Also, I am using a friends credit card to pay the fee. you reckon his name would appear on the reciept ? And is it okay for me to use someone elses credit card as long as he agree's ?
Cheers and thank you
If you are able to pay yourself, that would be better... but I don't think it overall makes a difference, but CIC may ask why you didn't pay it yourself... this is unusual. Surely you or your sponsor has a credit card you can use?
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:31 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 223
AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

We can't do medicals until asked to do so. For us it is 2 adults & 3 kids for CEC class, we paid $1550 as that's what the fee calculator said to pay. If they ask for more now, we'll just send an additional one. I thought they asked for the right to permanent residence bit once they were near the end though.

Siouxie, thank you again. I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure! I'm still kicking myself about it, we were so stuck in working out where we went in Europe and when, that we clean forgot about our Aus trip. I really hope they don't think my stupidity is misrepresentation. I went over those forms several times too. Oh well, you live and learn!

Edited to add - confusedimmigrant , we paid by bankers draft. I have seen other people say they have used other people's credit cards though.

Last edited by AlmostThere12; Mar 14th 2014 at 4:34 pm. Reason: missed a bit
AlmostThere12 is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:34 pm
  #13  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting our application tomorrow!

Originally Posted by AlmostThere12
We can't do medicals until asked to do so. For us it is 2 adults & 3 kids for CEC class, we paid $1550 as that's what the fee calculator said to pay. If they ask for more now, we'll just send an additional one. I thought they asked for the right to permanent residence bit once they were near the end though.

Siouxie, thank you again. I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure! I'm still kicking myself about it, we were so stuck in working out where we went in Europe and when, that we clean forgot about our Aus trip. I really hope they don't think my stupidity is misrepresentation. I went over those forms several times too. Oh well, you live and learn!
You are very welcome.

Don't forget to put your UCI number, full name, full date of birth and address on both the email and as an attachment or addendum to the document you are uploading - otherwise they won't be able to tie the two together with your application.

Siouxie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.