British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Submit two different category applications, or withdraw? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/submit-two-different-category-applications-withdraw-572243/)

BobbyBuilder Nov 10th 2008 9:30 am

Submit two different category applications, or withdraw?

Hello hello.. so like many of us, I submitted my SW (simplified) application a couple years back and have heard nothing since! However during this time I have lived for over a year with my now common-law partner in Canada and am ready to submit my Spousal Class application.

Questions:
- Should I, or rather MUST I withdraw my SW application before hand?
- From what I remember of the SW app, there were points awarded for your partner, would this still apply she is Canadian?
- Are there set rules for parallel applications in different categories?
- How would it look to an IO - having found another route?

I would of course like keep the SW running as a 'just in case'.. but yeh... let me know your thoughts, thanks ;)

Jim Humphries Nov 10th 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Submit two different category applications, or withdraw?

You cannot have two separate application going so first withdraw the SW and then submit the sponsored spousal one.

BobbyBuilder Nov 10th 2008 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries (Post 6958852)
You cannot have two separate application going so first withdraw the SW and then submit the sponsored spousal one.

Hey thanks for reply Jim, can you link me to where this is mentioned on the CIC site? If I just submit the spousal application; would will they just cancel the SW or likely delay the process? Would I withdraw the application via email?

Thanks again

Jim Humphries Nov 11th 2008 12:15 pm

You have to withdraw the SW application if you wish your sponsored spousal one to go ahead.

BobbyBuilder Nov 13th 2008 9:38 pm

Hi all.. so my partner called CIC today - they said we DID NOT have to withdraw the SW application; confused! Could you link me to anywhere that CIC has addressed this?

Thanks again

bflava Nov 13th 2008 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyBuilder (Post 6971051)
Hi all.. so my partner called CIC today - they said we DID NOT have to withdraw the SW application; confused! Could you link me to anywhere that CIC has addressed this?

Thanks again

well i can understand why Jim said withdraw one ie SW, you can have 2 different application so i have heard but to make things simple and easy for CIC i will go with Jim and withdraw the SW and do the Spouse application.

Also leaving both to track on is not a drama. I dont know where it says you can do both but is do-able.

Just have a little thought about it.

good luck