Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

submit spousal sponsorship with police checks to follow?

submit spousal sponsorship with police checks to follow?

Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: submit spousal sponsorship with police checks to follow?

Scott - what did you end up doing?

I'm sponsoring my OH (from the UK), got his meds booked tomorrow and was hoping to finalise all the forms this weekend and send them off early next week.
However, have just realised that the police check we got back in June (has taken a little longer to sort this out than planned!) is now out-of-date and we have to reapply.

Was wondering about sending everything now, including the June police check with a note to say a new one has been requested and will be forwarded when received (last one took the full 40 days!)

Having finally got to the point of being able to send everything I'm going to be [i]really[i] frustrated to leave it all for another month! (it might silence a few people who don't think we'll go through with this emigration "lark" if I can finally say we've sent in the forms!! lol)

thanks, and fingers crossed for your application
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest you wait and send everything altogether. If you dont, it could put delays on your application as they'll have to wait for them, and you could run the risk of them getting lost, etc....especially if you dont have a client # as that is how they'll be viewing your application and probably not by name.

My partner and I are currently in the processes of common-law sponsorship and the only thing we didnt send in when we submitted our application was the PR fee. My partner just received a letter asking for that three weeks ago (?), and only 2 days ago I received a letter in the post saying they got the final payment and its being forwarded to the visa officer. Had we sent the fee at the beginning, I'm sure we wouldnt have had this wait.

I also speak with another, really sweet gal on here who is in the same boat as me and unfortunately she didnt send her police checks in with her application...and due to the postal strike in the UK, CHC still havent received them.

Both our applications were looked at roughly the same time at CIC - Mississauga (give a week or two) and I'm about to receive PPR (hopefully any day now) and she's still waiting to hear back....

I believe police checks / medicals are valid a year...so that should give you enough time to have them sent to being sorted/application approved, as things seem to be running fairly quickly these days.

Good luck
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I suggest you wait and send everything altogether. If you dont, it could put delays on your application as they'll have to wait for them, and you could run the risk of them getting lost, etc....especially if you dont have a client # as that is how they'll be viewing your application and probably not by name.

My partner and I are currently in the processes of common-law sponsorship and the only thing we didnt send in when we submitted our application was the PR fee. My partner just received a letter asking for that three weeks ago (?), and only 2 days ago I received a letter in the post saying they got the final payment and its being forwarded to the visa officer. Had we sent the fee at the beginning, I'm sure we wouldnt have had this wait.

I also speak with another, really sweet gal on here who is in the same boat as me and unfortunately she didnt send her police checks in with her application...and due to the postal strike in the UK, CHC still havent received them.

Both our applications were looked at roughly the same time at CIC - Mississauga (give a week or two) and I'm about to receive PPR (hopefully any day now) and she's still waiting to hear back....

I believe police checks / medicals are valid a year...so that should give you enough time to have them sent to being sorted/application approved, as things seem to be running fairly quickly these days.

Good luck
i sent everything together in the end. the police check arrived and i sent the lot, including the PR fee paid upfront to avoid any further delays.. so all being well we should be sending her passport back to London in 2 months or so!!

i really hope/think ours should be very straight forward. been together for over 8 years, now married. and have travelled together to Canada often since 2001 which CIC know about as i had to do a bit of work to keep my PR. so as long as i havnt done something silly on the forms it should fly through!

they recieved my application Nov 2nd. ill keep you posted how it goes.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

thanks for the replies scott and chelseauk

just so annoyed i didn't pick up on this sooner, i could have had the new checks through by now!
oh well, suppose it gives us another paycheck before we pay the fees
(was already planning on paying fees up front to reduce delays)