Wikiposts

Submission letter

Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submission letter

I will be so glad when I have finished this damn application!!!

I am just starting to draft a submission letter in the absence of any English language tests. Can any of you help with the kind of thing they are looking for? Obviously I need to say that we were born, educated and employed in the UK and has such have communicated in English for XX years but what other statements are the immigration folks expecting to see.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:11 am
Just Joined

droopy02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Submission letter

Originally Posted by northernbird
I will be so glad when I have finished this damn application!!!

I am just starting to draft a submission letter in the absence of any English language tests. Can any of you help with the kind of thing they are looking for? Obviously I need to say that we were born, educated and employed in the UK and has such have communicated in English for XX years but what other statements are the immigration folks expecting to see.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I wrote: That I used english to comunicate at work with boss and employees, received order, answer the phone, give speaches, wrote complaint letters, among other things.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:16 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by droopy02
I wrote: That I used english to comunicate at work with boss and employees, received order, answer the phone, give speaches, wrote complaint letters, among other things.
Also any higher education studied where English was needed to complete studies (written, verbal, exam, classroom debate etc). Any countries visited where English is spoken (Oz, NZ, USA, Canada) where you were able to communicate competently and confidently despite the accent/slang differences.

Hope this helps,

Rich.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:31 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Also any higher education studied where English was needed to complete studies (written, verbal, exam, classroom debate etc). Any countries visited where English is spoken (Oz, NZ, USA, Canada) where you were able to communicate competently and confidently despite the accent/slang differences.

Hope this helps,

Rich.
This links to the CIC guidelines for each level of competancy in English for Skilled Worker applications - www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-3.html
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Comon,

Dont be such. I think that if you write that u r an Englishman that is enough for the CIC poeple to guess that you are good at English. .
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:41 am
KJT
Forum Regular

KJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really nice

northernbird,

I got my Boss to write a letter evidencing my English ability in written, spoken etc... I also wrote a letter stating that I was born in the UK and it was my native language etc...

This might be an idea.

KJT
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

I said I was English...and wrote everything in English...So I guess that convinced them...My problem was the French...In the end did a french GCSE, and then they dropped the points to 67...Typical
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:13 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
My problem was the French...In the end did a french GCSE, and then they dropped the points to 67...Typical
Frankie, I don't believe having GCSE French gives you points anyway.

I think you have to submit TEF results or similar.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Frankie, I don't believe having GCSE French gives you points anyway.

I think you have to submit TEF results or similar.
TEF Results, or similar...Oral, written reading and writing, There was no way I could've attempted a TEF without doing / revisting French again. and although TEF is the preferred standard, I have had no comebacks on the GCSE...Everyone seems to harp on about you have to do TEF...when I queeried is this the only avenue, I was informed by a lawyer at the time (Canadavisa.com), that to prove a level of basic French a GCSE would suffice.

This is probably akin to proving I have a degree...a piece of paper in my hands proves this fact. I don't have to do an exam in engineering..yet ..

I just thought that I would give you my experience and facts, whether I have more points or not...It's worked.
Regards
frankieforehead