Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Submission of documents for common-law sponsorship

Submission of documents for common-law sponsorship

Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road
Default Submission of documents for common-law sponsorship

When submitting the documents for common-law sponsorship (we're doing outland, though we both live together in Canada), how did you organise them? Are staples allowed or should we only use paperclips? Did you use cover sheets to keep Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 separate? Envelopes within one large envelope?

I read over the guidance, but didn't see anything about how they want it organised.

Thanks!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submission of documents for common-law sponsorship

Would also be interested in hearing others responses on this. I think I read somewhere you shouldn't include plastic folders etc but was planning on using paper clips to hold the forms together, adn then stapling additional pieces of paper (all with the number of the form, my name and the question number at the top) in a chronological order clipped to the relevant part they relate to. Also pictures, cards etc in an envelope.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:10 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I had the application form and any other additional sheets in one envelope (not stapled or clipped) along with the reciept of payment, the supporting docs in another envelope, again not stapled, but with a list of what was in there and what order, photos in a samller envelope (though i don't think i needed to include those as i'm married) all put in one bigger padded envelope to send away.

I think as long as its not a complete shambles and they can find what they need readily - it doesn't have to be a military operation to actually put it in an envelope and send it away.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Thank you, mandymoochops!

It sounds like at least paperclips should be safe.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aperture
Thank you, mandymoochops!

It sounds like at least paperclips should be safe.
We used paperclips for each segment of the application. The photos we printed 4 onto A4 sheets and paperclipped together. All the other supporting docs were just on a pile in the order requested. Everything then just went into a courier envelope.