Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Studying in Canada for one semester.

Studying in Canada for one semester.

Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

mdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to behold
Default Studying in Canada for one semester.

Sorry if there's a thread which has covered this already but I was wondering what the requirements were, in terms of visas/permits, for studying in Canada? As far as I can tell I wouldn't need to apply for a study permit or the CAQ but I was wondering if there was anything else you'd need to apply for or show at the border?

Also my 1 year working holiday visa will still be valid when I plan to arrive (and will remain so for the duration of my studies) - will this affect anything?

Cheers for any help.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Studying in Canada for one semester.

Originally Posted by mdizzle
Sorry if there's a thread which has covered this already but I was wondering what the requirements were, in terms of visas/permits, for studying in Canada? As far as I can tell I wouldn't need to apply for a study permit or the CAQ but I was wondering if there was anything else you'd need to apply for or show at the border?

Also my 1 year working holiday visa will still be valid when I plan to arrive (and will remain so for the duration of my studies) - will this affect anything?

Cheers for any help.
If you wish to study in a short-term course or program
You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
Working holiday visa will not affect anything.

Read this link for more info as the info you have provided is lacking in detail. Read section 5.11 of the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op12-eng.pdf
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

mdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to beholdmdizzle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Studying in Canada for one semester.

Cheers for that link.