Study visa with HIV?

Old Feb 24th 2021, 11:28 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Study visa with HIV?

I just read on the Canadian embassy website that if your course of study is more than 6 months, you will need to undergo a medical examination. Is having the HIV a ground for study visa refusal? Having this info now will help me not to commit resources such as tuition, accommodation, and converting funds to CAD. Thank you.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 9:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study visa with HIV?

Originally Posted by bryandavid
I just read on the Canadian embassy website that if your course of study is more than 6 months, you will need to undergo a medical examination.
That's not correct, can you give us the link for the webpage you're looking at? You'd only need a medical exam if you've lived in one of the countries on this list for 6 months or more in the past year, if you've been in the UK then it won't be required.

However, you would require a medical for a PR app. Is your plan to try and stay longer term after your study permit? What happened to your previous PR?
Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:14 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

This is not actually for me. The person in question does not reside in the UK like me. My Canadian PR card expired in 2014 and I didn't bother to renew as my plans changed.

This is the direct quote from page 2 of the IMM 5832 E (04-2015) study permit form:
"A medical exam will be required for study programs exceeding 6 months. Do not undergo a medical exam until advised by this office. Medical results may take up to 4 weeks"
The link to the actual document is https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

Last edited by bryandavid; Feb 25th 2021 at 11:16 am.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
This is not actually for me. The person in question does not reside in the UK like me. My Canadian PR card expired in 2014 and I didn't bother to renew as my plans changed.

This is the direct quote from page 2 of the IMM 5832 E (04-2015) study permit form:
"A medical exam will be required for study programs exceeding 6 months. Do not undergo a medical exam until advised by this office. Medical results may take up to 4 weeks"
The link to the actual document is https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inform...G#applications
Ah, ok, so if they're not in the UK and are in a country on the list above then yes, the answer is different. It would be best if they joined to ask their own questions please, the answer will depend on what treatment they're having etc and whether it's over the 'excessive demand' amount.

HTH.