Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

study visa....called in for interview ?!??!?!

study visa....called in for interview ?!??!?!

Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

doggmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default study visa....called in for interview ?!??!?!

Guys

The embassy have finally gotten back to me and asked me in for an interview. This feels like some kind of joke as its almost 7 weeks after I initially applied and the school has already told me its too late for this year now.

Should I go? Has anyone been through this process before, can you tell me what to expect? What should I bring along? Is there any way they will give me a visa for next year or will I have to go through all this again??
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:17 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: study visa....called in for interview ?!??!?!

Your nationality, country of residence and visa post you applied through? If you are living in country other than country of your nationality then what is your status there?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: study visa....called in for interview ?!??!?!

The lateness of your application may well be what they wish to discuss. Another frequent concern is the sincerity of the plan to study - does it make sense to go to Canada to study the desired program at the present age of the student and considering the costs involved.