Study visa application ques

Old Apr 25th 2010, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Moody1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study visa application ques

Hi folks

Just got a offer from a Canadian college in BC and got all my documents togather along with application and was wondering if it would be quicker for me to hand the application in person at the Canadian High Commision in London?.

If so and successful would i get a letter of entry/acceptance on the same day or is the processing time still same as other methods of delivery?.

Also does the bank draft/cheque for payment fee have to be from uk bank and in Canadian dollers?. Reason i ask is that my application has been returned to me cos i sent a canadian cheque for $125 which was not acceptable.

Thanks and any help/advice greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 5:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study visa application ques

Hi

Originally Posted by Moody1
Hi folks

Just got a offer from a Canadian college in BC and got all my documents togather along with application and was wondering if it would be quicker for me to hand the application in person at the Canadian High Commision in London?.

If so and successful would i get a letter of entry/acceptance on the same day or is the processing time still same as other methods of delivery?.

Also does the bank draft/cheque for payment fee have to be from uk bank and in Canadian dollers?. Reason i ask is that my application has been returned to me cos i sent a canadian cheque for $125 which was not acceptable.

Thanks and any help/advice greatly appreciated.

1. No, you drop off the application and it is returned by mail recorded delivery.
2. From London's web site

Methods of payment

1. Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars. Do not submit cash.

The fees accompanying a temporary residence application (i.e. to visit, study, or work temporarily) or a permanent resident travel document application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars or a postal order in British pounds.
2. Applications made in person at our office:

The fee accompanying applications made in person at our office for temporary resident visas or permanent resident travel documents can be paid in cash in Canadian dollars or in British pounds. The exact amount is required because no change is given. You may also pay by bank draft in Canadian dollars or by postal order in British pounds.

Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.