Study Visa Application

Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough
Question Study Visa Application

Hi all,
My wife has just received her acceptance letter from a college to study in Canada as an International Student from next September, and thus we will now be applying for a Study Visa. I have a simple question which I hope someone will have the definitive answer to

1. I have the funds required to prove that we can support ourselves whilst my wife is studying, but currently they are sitting in an ISA (tax free UK savings account). Will the London office accept a notarised copy of the ISA statement (ie same as for the PR application), or will I need to pull the money out now and put it into a bank account and send a bank statement with the application?

As we won't be going out to Canada until July/Aug (assuming that we get approval for the visa!), I'd rather leave the money in the ISA for maximum return until it is actually required (or at least until we are issued with the visa).

Many thanks for your assistance guys.
Alex
Old Dec 25th 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sumatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Study Visa Application

i doubt that anyone has experience in such highly specialized question, so the best way is to contact the embassy in london
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Study Visa Application

Originally Posted by Sumatra
i doubt that anyone has experience in such highly specialized question, so the best way is to contact the embassy in london
Hi Sumatra, I think that you are right!!. Thought I'd try on the forum first anyway

Happy New Year
Alex