Study Visa Advice

Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Rich-Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study Visa Advice

We currently have a skilled worker application pending AOR Feb 06, but are growing increasinly frustrated but the wait, we are now considering a study visa application. to pass the remaining time in canada also improving our job prospects with a canadian course whislt applying for jobs (i get the imperssion its a lot easier from over there). My question is can we supply a goods to follow list and take our house contents over with us? when one of us starts the course.

Last edited by Rich-Jo; Jul 31st 2007 at 7:46 am.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study Visa Advice

Hi

Originally Posted by Rich-Jo
We currently have a skilled worker application pending AOR Feb 06, but are growing increasinly frustrated but the wait, we are now considering a study visa application. to pass the remaining time in canada also improving our job prospects with a canadian course whislt applying for jobs (i get the imperssion its a lot easier from over there). My question is can we supply a goods to follow list and take our house contents over with us? when one of us starts the course.
Yes, but Customs will only allow them in for the length of the study permit. If you don't get PR, you will have to export them.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know that we landed last July on a study/open work permit with all our worldly goods following by container! And yes it is easier to get employment once you are here.

I was anxious that it would be questioned by customs or immigration but had no problems whatsoever. We took it as read that if we had to leave Canada then we would have to take everything back with us and it's not unreasonable to want your own possessions with you even if you are only studying for a couple of years. Thankfully our PR is now imminent.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice
Could you please reply with some more info on your experiences as you went this route where did you land how long to find work etc