Wikiposts

study visa??

Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

kmacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default study visa??

Hi

Ok, so I was wondering if my daughter is accepted to a high school in Calgary, she is 15 years old, is it possible for her to get a study visa because she's a minor? I would be moving with her, I know that you can bring children and spouses on your study visa, but would it work the same for parents? Would I be able to go on her study visa?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: study visa??

Originally Posted by kmacca
Hi

Ok, so I was wondering if my daughter is accepted to a high school in Calgary, she is 15 years old, is it possible for her to get a study visa because she's a minor? I would be moving with her, I know that you can bring children and spouses on your study visa, but would it work the same for parents? Would I be able to go on her study visa?

Thanks in advance!!
Nope, you can only take a spouse or dependent child with you on a study permit, not parents.

But why would she be going over on a study permit? Do you have another kind of visa? If you can clarify what your plan is, people may be able to help.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:10 am
Just Joined

kmacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: study visa??

oh okay, thanks for your reply! I was just wondering if this was an option - obviously not thanks for your help