Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

study permit rejected by high commission

study permit rejected by high commission

Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

lindabey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default study permit rejected by high commission

Hi I had applied for a study permit through the high commission of canada in london to study at a college in Canada. I have been given a start date at the college as the 6th September and paid my fees. I have today received a letter saying that my application has been rejected due to the grounds that they do not think my intention is to come back to England after my study.
then they say the file is closed and thats it and if i want to reapply it could take months again and i would still not be able to attend my college.
Has anyone else been in this same situation. I think maybe its because i have
a daughter out there and she is a permanent resident and they feel that im only moving there for her which wasnt the case at all . can anyone help with
advice ????
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

forky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: study permit rejected by high commission

Originally Posted by lindabey View Post
Hi I had applied for a study permit through the high commission of canada in london to study at a college in Canada. I have been given a start date at the college as the 6th September and paid my fees. I have today received a letter saying that my application has been rejected due to the grounds that they do not think my intention is to come back to England after my study.
then they say the file is closed and thats it and if i want to reapply it could take months again and i would still not be able to attend my college.
a daughter out there and she is a permanent resident and they feel that im only moving there for her which wasnt the case at all . can anyone help with
advice ????
They prefer rich students this day ,mainly chinese and indian!!

try again !!!
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:21 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindabey View Post
advice ????
Have you applies at a college close to where your daughter lives? Can you study the same subject at a facility in the UK at considerably less expense?
If the answer to one or both is yes then I would also not approve you.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:57 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

There will also be the question of the utility to you of the program of study. I can well see how they would think that the study route is a mere route to get to Canada and then stay there. People try it all the time I'm afraid.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:26 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries View Post
There will also be the question of the utility to you of the program of study. I can well see how they would think that the study route is a mere route to get to Canada and then stay there. People try it all the time I'm afraid.
It does appear that the OP intended to stay permanently (if possible) as soon as they could.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...54&postcount=3
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...11&postcount=1

I'm not knocking the student method to get into Canada. It's a tough way to do it so I'm not going to judge. I do wonder though if the OP's name is actually the same as her username. I know in the Australia forum the immigration agents have been known to lurk in there, perhaps they do it in Canada too?