Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Study permit question...medical, documents etc...

Wikiposts

Study permit question...medical, documents etc...

Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Study permit question...medical, documents etc...

My wife is due to start college on 31st August, she has been for a medical last Friday, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the medical results to get back to canadian Immigration? Also we have sent off some extra documents thay requested from us, is there any way to find out if the High Commission has now got these documents?

Obviously it is getting close to 31st August & we are eager to get over to CA, but cant go until we have the visas in our hands.
If we dont have them in 2 weeks or so, is there any point in going to London to visit the high commission to ask about them? Will they speak to us?
Any help is most appreciated.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Study permit question...medical, documents etc...

Hi,

i believe the doctor sends the results a few days after you have visited, and then they are sent to the immigration dept where they are put in a queue and the doctors will go through the test results to make sur everything is ok and you do not need aby further tests, if all is ok you ahould hear with the month hopefully, or if further tests or clarification is required this can take anything upto 6 months...........for the documents again i think they state it can take upto 4 months just to review them but it can be much earlier just depends, what you can do is send a friendly email to chc and hopefully they may reply, always put your file number, name and date of birth on the email the link is below......good luck

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

MR79
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cchris
My wife is due to start college on 31st August, she has been for a medical last Friday, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the medical results to get back to canadian Immigration? Also we have sent off some extra documents thay requested from us, is there any way to find out if the High Commission has now got these documents?

Obviously it is getting close to 31st August & we are eager to get over to CA, but cant go until we have the visas in our hands.
If we dont have them in 2 weeks or so, is there any point in going to London to visit the high commission to ask about them? Will they speak to us?
Any help is most appreciated.
To add to what MR79 said, you can't speak to anybody at CIC I'm afraid so no point in going to London. Email is the only way.

Good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
To add to what MR79 said, you can't speak to anybody at CIC I'm afraid so no point in going to London. Email is the only way.

Good luck.
how do you go about emailing them?
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cchris
how do you go about emailing them?
yeah, I just totally missed the link you posted! Sorry about that! Anyway, I hope it takes less than a month as my wifes course is due to start soon