Wikiposts

Study Permit Pros and cons?

Old May 28th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

sjmartin is on a distinguished road
Default Study Permit Pros and cons?

Hi there!

I have a SW application AOR Oct 06 so in for the long haul i'm afraid like many others.

Me, my husband plus two kids would like to sample living in Canada before PR and we are considering me finishing my accountancy studies in Toronto with the ACCA and my husband receiving an open work permit.

My worries are matters such as childcare, the course runs from 9-6pm possibly some days and will be studying a great deal over the summer break.

Is it easy to find childcare after school and during holidays? What are the costs involved (I have two children 6 and 8).

Has anyone else applied for study permit, if so, I would love to hear from you good or bad!

Sarah-Jane
Old May 28th 2008, 10:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study Permit Pros and cons?

Hi

Originally Posted by sjmartin
Hi there!

I have a SW application AOR Oct 06 so in for the long haul i'm afraid like many others.

Me, my husband plus two kids would like to sample living in Canada before PR and we are considering me finishing my accountancy studies in Toronto with the ACCA and my husband receiving an open work permit.

My worries are matters such as childcare, the course runs from 9-6pm possibly some days and will be studying a great deal over the summer break.

Is it easy to find childcare after school and during holidays? What are the costs involved (I have two children 6 and 8).

Has anyone else applied for study permit, if so, I would love to hear from you good or bad!

Sarah-Jane
You may wish to read the following statement from CIC to see if your ACCA course meets the following:

Eligibility criteria: To be allowed to work in this category, you must prove that you are the spouse of a student who holds a valid student permit and who is studying full time at a post-secondary institution—a university, a community college, a CEGEP, a technical or school of commercial studies—that is financed by the private or public sector and authorized by provincial law to award university degrees.

otherwise your spouse will not be entitled to a work permit.
Old May 28th 2008, 10:37 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study Permit Pros and cons?

Originally Posted by sjmartin
Is it easy to find childcare after school and during holidays?
In some Canadian cities, spaces in childcare facilities are hard to find.

What are the costs involved (I have two children 6 and 8).
These threads have relevant information:
Those threads suggest it would cost $700 - $800 per child per month for fulltime daycare.
x