study permit/open work permit

Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:08 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default study permit/open work permit

Hi all
am filling out the form (IMM1295) for work permit and giving family details. I want also to get open work permit for husband and study permit for son. Have searched the forum for details on this and discivered that I don't have to send seperate forms for these just fees..........but my question is where on this form do I put that I want to apply for open wp and study permit ( as there's nowhere to put these details, so when I send the fees how do they know what they are for?)
Sorry if this sounds dim
Hope you can help
Terese
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: study permit/open work permit

Originally Posted by terese677
Hi all
am filling out the form (IMM1295) for work permit and giving family details. I want also to get open work permit for husband and study permit for son. Have searched the forum for details on this and discivered that I don't have to send seperate forms for these just fees..........but my question is where on this form do I put that I want to apply for open wp and study permit ( as there's nowhere to put these details, so when I send the fees how do they know what they are for?)
Sorry if this sounds dim
Hope you can help
Terese
Hi Terese

Wouldnt CHC just assume that you would be applying for a SOWP and SP's as you have to enter all accompanying family members details ?

Maybe Gryphea or lisa_W woud be able to tell you what they did when they applied.

Gaynorx
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

Hi all
Sorry if this sounds dim
Hope you can help
Terese
hi
My hubby just applied for WP and he applied for an open WP for myself and a study permit for my son.CIC asked us to apply it in different forms.We had to pay fees for each one of us.Hope this helps.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Hi

When we applied for the work permit, we also applied for study permits at the same time. Darren just put in the covering letter that the payment was to cover the cost of the work permit and also two study permits and this was sufficient.

We went over to look for houses at the end of April and when we went into immigration to get the work permit and study permits put into the passports, the immigaration officer asked if I wanted an open work permit and she just did it all then and we paid for that one with the credit card.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I did fill in a form but had one fee cheque. On the form I kept referencing the main application. As my surname is not always the same as my husbands- we also sent a marriage certificate and the birth certificates

Gryph
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:06 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Sorry if this sounds dim
Hope you can help
Terese
Thank you all for your help
I'll put forms in referencing the main application and a covering letter and that should cover all angles
much appreciated all
Thank you
Terese
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

one cheque for myself and hubby,which means,we payed for both of us but in one cheque.They wanted a separate cheque for my son.
forms also 3 separate forms.