Study permit for Canada

Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:28 am
Just Joined

smiley190 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study permit for Canada

Hi, has anyone gone to Canada with kids and did not have a study permit for them?

Myself and my partner have the IEC visa's but i only applied for the study permit 3 weeks ago as i wasnt sure if i needed it or not and Im still waiting to hear anything back. Would it be safe to travel to Canada without it and have it "in progress" when at point of entry?

I have emailed the IEC and asked them Do i need to have this study permit before we enter Canada and they replied with "You and your daughter may be permitted to enter Canada without the study permit, depending on the decision made by the border services officer, though it is advisable to at the very least begin the application process prior to departure."I could do this but im very worried of the chance i may be turned away for not having it. My partner is over there already and has accommodation for us. im just looking into schools at the minute.

I want to book flights as they are going up at crazy prices at the minute for the month of august.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study permit for Canada

Originally Posted by smiley190
Hi, has anyone gone to Canada with kids and did not have a study permit for them?

Myself and my partner have the IEC visa's but i only applied for the study permit 3 weeks ago as i wasnt sure if i needed it or not and Im still waiting to hear anything back. Would it be safe to travel to Canada without it and have it "in progress" when at point of entry?

I have emailed the IEC and asked them Do i need to have this study permit before we enter Canada and they replied with "You and your daughter may be permitted to enter Canada without the study permit, depending on the decision made by the border services officer, though it is advisable to at the very least begin the application process prior to departure."I could do this but im very worried of the chance i may be turned away for not having it. My partner is over there already and has accommodation for us. im just looking into schools at the minute.

I want to book flights as they are going up at crazy prices at the minute for the month of august.
Unless you are inadmissible for other reasons crminality, health or financial chances are you wont be turned away providing you are eligible to apply at a POE i.e. holding a non TRV requiring country passport. UK citizens dont need a visa to enter Canada.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

smiley190 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Unless you are inadmissible for other reasons crminality, health or financial chances are you wont be turned away providing you are eligible to apply at a POE i.e. holding a non TRV requiring country passport. UK citizens dont need a visa to enter Canada.
We're irish, hold irish passports. There would be no other reason to turn us away other then the study permit as we will have travel insurance and a bank statement with proof of funds. Im just skeptical and afraid to book flights
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Children in Canada dont need study permits if applying from within Canada.
A port of entry is in Canada
Irish citizens dont need a visa (unfortunately ).