Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Student Visa and Skilled Class Immigration

Wikiposts

Student Visa and Skilled Class Immigration

Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Dkh_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa and Skilled Class Immigration

Hi Guys,

First post, so hi to you all.

I have the opportunity to Study at the University of Toronto as part of my undergraduate degree. The study will be for a full academic year, I had a question on whether or not this would qualify as the part of the eligibility criteria for immigration under the skilled class?

My family and I plan to move to Canada and I wondered whether this would qualify or it I would need to spend some time at summer school as well.

Thanks for your help guys...happy xmas!!

Cheers,

Dave
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:54 am
Just Joined

ftita76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa and Skilled Class Immigration

Applicants can meet the eligibility requirement simply with evidence that their
authorized period of stay has been at least one year, that throughout this period they have been international students, and that they are still in Canada. For international
students, it is sufficient to have studied for one academic year (i.e. two terms or semesters) during
one year of legal residence.
Evidence of authorized stay may include: an entry stamp in their passport, a temporary resident
record, a work permit, or a study permit. Evidence of being an international student may include: letters from schools, records of pay, attendance, report cards, transcripts, etc. Evidence of being in Canada may include a residential address and correspondence sent to that address. These examples of evidence are neither exhaustive nor exclusive.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 23rd 2009 at 7:50 pm. Reason: Link to your own site removed - pls re-read site rules regarding advertising
Old Dec 25th 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Dkh_1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa and Skilled Class Immigration

Originally Posted by ftita76
Applicants can meet the eligibility requirement simply with evidence that their
authorized period of stay has been at least one year, that throughout this period they have been international students, and that they are still in Canada. For international
students, it is sufficient to have studied for one academic year (i.e. two terms or semesters) during
one year of legal residence.
Evidence of authorized stay may include: an entry stamp in their passport, a temporary resident
record, a work permit, or a study permit. Evidence of being an international student may include: letters from schools, records of pay, attendance, report cards, transcripts, etc. Evidence of being in Canada may include a residential address and correspondence sent to that address. These examples of evidence are neither exhaustive nor exclusive.
thanks this is very helpful, cheers Dave