Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

student visa, running out of time please help!!

student visa, running out of time please help!!

Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

doggmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: student visa, running out of time please help!!

ben thanks for your email...seems there is a glimmer of hope, i mean i even pulled out my PR application in order to avoid any conflict they may raise for having two applications for visas at the same time!

I am hoping to receive my original letter of acceptance from uni next wednesday and school starts on 2nd september, what do you think are my chances??
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough

We still have a PR application in and it wasn't a problem: sorry to tell you that! I think they just want you to prove that you will do everything legally, the fact that you want to move to Canada permanently is fine.

I think you are really going to struggle, I'm afraid

If you don't get your letter until next Wednesday then you won't be able to get it in until next Friday, 15th August. This would only give you about two weeks and although I wouldn't rule it out entirely, I would suggest the only way to do it is to delay your arrival.

Good luck with it all!

Originally Posted by doggmeister
ben thanks for your email...seems there is a glimmer of hope, i mean i even pulled out my PR application in order to avoid any conflict they may raise for having two applications for visas at the same time!

I am hoping to receive my original letter of acceptance from uni next wednesday and school starts on 2nd september, what do you think are my chances??
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

thanks ben

i have spoken to the uni about this and they are trying to confirm when last registrations can be taken... this is all very frustrating and nerve wracking as i have just quit my job to pursue this and now the uni is telling me they may not accept me if the regitration takes too long!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

thanks ben

i have spoken to the uni about this and they are trying to confirm when last registrations can be taken... this is all very frustrating and nerve wracking as i have just quit my job to pursue this and now the uni is telling me they may not accept me if the regitration takes too long!!
Sorry to hear that, I hope you can get it sorted. Especially now you have left your job! Do they take January registrations? That might be a possible alternative.

Which University is it?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

no i think they only have one intake per year , its the university of waterloo
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

no i think they only have one intake per year , its the university of waterloo
Hmmm, sounds tricky. Let me know if you need any more advice as I have completed all the forms and may be able to help. You will need to provode proof of finance etc so get that sorted now if you are going to still apply for a permit.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Benjy

you've been a great help, right now I am feeling very scared about giving up my job, the uni telling me they have registration deadlines and the course starting so soon, so many many thanks for your kind words of support and offer of help.

In order to make sure i dont have any issues with finances i have asked my folks to provide me with three months of bank statements and i will compose and have them sign the letter stating they will support me, hopefully this will help on that front.

one area i know i will need help with is the study plan, is this supposed to contain statements to the effect that you plan to return home after studies? can you tell me what else is contained within?

thanks!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Benjy

you've been a great help, right now I am feeling very scared about giving up my job, the uni telling me they have registration deadlines and the course starting so soon, so many many thanks for your kind words of support and offer of help.

In order to make sure i dont have any issues with finances i have asked my folks to provide me with three months of bank statements and i will compose and have them sign the letter stating they will support me, hopefully this will help on that front.

one area i know i will need help with is the study plan, is this supposed to contain statements to the effect that you plan to return home after studies? can you tell me what else is contained within?

thanks!
No problem, I know how stressful it is!

The plan you have to prove finance will be fine, this formed part of our application too.

Regarding the study plan, just address the questions they require you to answer as honestly and positively as possible. Praise the University you are going to, refer back to how the degree might help you with UK jobs in the future and just ensure it sounds well considered in terms of WHY you want to study in Canada. I will email you mine to look at.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

thanks so much Benjy, looking forward to reviewing your letter!