student visa refused: help needed

Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

varora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default student visa refused: help needed

Hi there

I had applied for a student visa in India which was refused. The reason stated is "you have not demonstrated that you are well established in your country of residence".

Do you think that i can reapply and what documents should i attach to prove it.

I have been admitted to a University in a Masters program without a scholarship. I had shown enough money to cover my studies but didnt take any loan.

Any help would be appreciated
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:58 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: student visa refused: help needed

Hi

Originally Posted by varora
Hi there

I had applied for a student visa in India which was refused. The reason stated is "you have not demonstrated that you are well established in your country of residence".

Do you think that i can reapply and what documents should i attach to prove it.

I have been admitted to a University in a Masters program without a scholarship. I had shown enough money to cover my studies but didnt take any loan.

Any help would be appreciated
1. Interesting you said that you "landed" in this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...94#post3858694 so I guess either there are 2 people using the same name or if you are a PR then they won't issue a study permit, will they?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

varora is an unknown quantity at this point

PMM

I am asking this question on someone's behalf.

Please help him if you have any suggestions
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by varora
PMM

I am asking this question on someone's behalf.

Please help him if you have any suggestions
It is hard to suggest, every case is different and no one can spiculate on your behalf without knowing details.

Visa officer must have seen something in your application make him think that you does not have strong enough connection to your country does warranted a refusal.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:27 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately for you - or your friend, it does clearly state that you "must show proof that you will return to your country of residence upon completion of your studies".

So it may be worth your while trying to prove this somehow, in our case we have family to return to, awaiting jobs should we wish and that kind of stuff, maybe you would be able to put something together and query the decision.

I know that they put this in (this came direct from a London CIC officer when I was worrying how to prove that we would return) due to the high rate of people from "certain continents" that never in fact return after their study, which is probably why your case has had this outcome.

So you really need to do some proving! All the best and good luck, I certainly would not just leave it there if you can show legitimate reason for study and returning home. Don't give up!

All the best and good luck
Mrs Miggins
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:32 am
Just Joined

VISAHLP is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
Student visa applicants must establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in a foreign country which they have no intention of abandoning, and that they will depart the United States when they have completed their studies. It is impossible to specify the exact form the evidence should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:16 am
Just Joined

solatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VISAHLP
and that they will depart the United States when they have completed their studies.
It's hard to depart the United States if you're actually in Canada. I suppose you could make a special trip down there so you could then depart.