Student visa !! Again

Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Student visa !! Again

Thanks guys answering my previous enquiries on this, i would like have a go again.

My daughter is accepted in a Uni, she applied her students visa through Vegreville end may/early June. The process would take 50 odd days but she already finish her school and desperate to come back home.

We are thinking to ask her to comeback and apply from Singapore.

Can she just abandon her this application and come home in Singapore or inform Vegreville to withdraw her current application? What should be mode of information?

What would happen if she did not withdraw there, but file new in Singapore to apply new one?

One more thing Her original uni acceptance form is laying with CIC Vegreville, how can she take back her documents and how long the process would take?

One more things if you can advice if there is any risk with this or not?? Please not we are from visa wavier country.

Best regards.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Student visa !! Again

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
Thanks guys answering my previous enquiries on this, i would like have a go again.

My daughter is accepted in a Uni, she applied her students visa through Vegreville end may/early June. The process would take 50 odd days but she already finish her school and desperate to come back home.

Can she just abandon her this application and come home in Singapore or inform Vegreville to withdraw her current application? What should be mode of information?

What would happen if she did not withdraw there, but file new in Singapore to apply new one?

One more thing Her original uni acceptance form is laying with CIC Vegreville, how can she take back her documents and how long the process would take?

One more things if you can advice if there is any risk with this or not?? Please not we are from visa wavier country.

Best regards.
I look forward to hearing any comments, specially from Andrew, Jim and PMM
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:05 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately Vegreville is using one step processing - it means they open the package when ready to process and make decision the same day. Thus withdrawal prior to assessment is impossible and after doesn't make any sense as decision will be made.

Best regards.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Student visa !! Again Andrew please

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Unfortunately Vegreville is using one step processing - it means they open the package when ready to process and make decision the same day. Thus withdrawal prior to assessment is impossible and after doesn't make any sense as decision will be made.
Dear Andrew

Please advice what would happen if she return back and at other side Vegreville approve her application.

Can she come back to visit visa (i mean at airpot) then get it her student permit stamped later on base of that approval, or the fact she left Canada before approval of study permit would rander her approval invalid?

Thanks for you kindness.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:48 pm

If Vegreville approves her application then there is nothing to be stamped - they will mail to her current address new study permit, that is all. So, if you really want her to come home and take the risk then at least make sure that her address is still valid and that someone is there to get mail if and when permit arrives and to courier it to her to Singapore.

Dear Andrew

Please advice what would happen if she return back and at other side Vegreville approve her application.

Can she come back to visit visa (i mean at airpot) then get it her student permit stamped later on base of that approval, or the fact she left Canada before approval of study permit would rander her approval invalid?

Thanks for you kindness.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If Vegreville approves her application then there is nothing to be stamped - they will mail to her current address new study permit, that is all. So, if you really want her to come home and take the risk then at least make sure that her address is still valid and that someone is there to get mail if and when permit arrives and to courier it to her to Singapore.
Thanks andrew!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks andrew!
I also have a question about Study Permit.
I have applied to Veg. May 10th. My current SP expired in 4 days and I have not heard from them yet. I know from their website that it take 47 days to process the application. Im curious to know if there might be any trouble for me if the new SP arrives in July and I would have stayed a few weeks on expired SP. Any reason for me to be concerned?
Just to confirm, I am a student and Im taking summer classes at the uni. Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:57 am

As long as application for extension was received in Vegreville prior to expiration of your current permit then you are OK, even after your permit expirse - you'll have so called implied status.

Originally Posted by Tarik
I have applied to Veg. May 10th. My current SP expired in 4 days and I have not heard from them yet. I know from their website that it take 47 days to process the application. Im curious to know if there might be any trouble for me if the new SP arrives in July and I would have stayed a few weeks on expired SP. Any reason for me to be concerned?
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:58 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tarik
As long as you mailed the extension request to Vegreville prior to the expiry of your present permit, then you have "implied status" until you receive either and extension or a refusal from Vegreville. You can continue to attend school until you get their decision.

PMM
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew Miller / PMM
Thank you. Youve got it right. My current SP expires June 15th, and CIC Veg. received my application May 12th, so it will be 1 month tomorrow. I guess all I can do now is wait.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me if while on implied status would it be OK to leave canada and attend a wedding then return. Even if the study permit has not been issued yet? Woiuld any problems arrise with re-entry?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:43 am

Once you leave Canada you have no status, period. You need valid TRV (if you are not from visa waiver country) to enter Canada.

Originally Posted by CROCODILEBILL
Can anyone tell me if while on implied status would it be OK to leave canada and attend a wedding then return. Even if the study permit has not been issued yet? Woiuld any problems arrise with re-entry?