Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

student visa after filing for immigration

student visa after filing for immigration

Old Jul 12th 2002, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

peter d'souza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default student visa after filing for immigration

Firstly, let me thank Mr Miller, Mr Berto and the others who regularly contribute their views...Now to move on..

My brother applied for immigration to Canada in the independent skilled category 8 months ago.So far, he has only receive his File number.
He lives in India. As processing is very slow, he expects a wait of another two and a half to three years before he gets his landing papers.

In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends to enroll for a post graduate management course in Canada (he can if he wants do his MBA in India, but is very reluctant to do so as our Indian degrees will not get him a decent job in Canada post immigration).
We have ample funds for his studies.
He intend to apply for a student visa after getting a confirmed seat.

1) Since he has already applied for immigration, what, in your opinion are his chances of securing a student visa?

2) Any tips on how to present his case convincingly to the visa officer, please ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by peter d'souza; Jul 14th 2002 at 6:53 am.
Old Jul 14th 2002, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

peter d'souza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: student visa after filing for immigration

Any replies on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2002, 12:20 am
Pundit

peter d'souza <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Firstly, let me thank Mr Miller, Mr Berto and the others who regularly contribute
    > their views...Now to move on..
    >
    > My brother applied for immigration to Canada in the independent skilled
    > category 8 months ago.So far, he has only receive his File number. He lives in
    > India. As processing is very slow, he expects a wait of another two and a half
    > to three years before he gets his landing papers.
    >
    > In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends to enroll
    > for a post graduate management course in Canada (he can if he wants do his MBA
    > in India, but is very reluctant to do so as our Indian degrees will not get
    > him a decent job in Canada post immigration). He will do the MBA, come back to
    > India, and eventually return to Canada after getting his landing papers. We
    > have ample funds for his studies. He intend to apply for a student visa after
    > getting a confirmed seat.
    >
    > 1) Since he has already applied for immigration, what, in your opinion are his
    > chances of securing a student visa?
    >
    > 2) Any tips on how to present his case convincingly to the visa officer, please ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends
    > to enroll for a post graduate management course in Canada (he can if he wants
    > do his MBA in India, but is very reluctant to do so as our Indian degrees will
    > not get him a decent job in Canada post immigration).

How will he pay for his college and he has to take GMAT in order to get in MBA
I don't think he will get in any school without GMAT & TOEFL. If sum up the
time it won't make any difference time line wise.

What do you think Mr. Miller or any one?

Old Jul 28th 2002, 11:20 am
Pundit

Default What do you think Mr. Miller or any one

[email protected] (pundit) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > peter d'souza <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Firstly, let me thank Mr Miller, Mr Berto and the others who regularly contribute
    > > their views...Now to move on..
    > >
    > > My brother applied for immigration to Canada in the independent skilled
    > > category 8 months ago.So far, he has only receive his File number. He lives
    > > in India. As processing is very slow, he expects a wait of another two and a
    > > half to three years before he gets his landing papers.
    > >
    > > In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends to enroll
    > > for a post graduate management course in Canada (he can if he wants do his
    > > MBA in India, but is very reluctant to do so as our Indian degrees will not
    > > get him a decent job in Canada post immigration). He will do the MBA, come
    > > back to India, and eventually return to Canada after getting his landing
    > > papers. We have ample funds for his studies. He intend to apply for a
    > > student visa after getting a confirmed seat.
    > >
    > > 1) Since he has already applied for immigration, what, in your opinion are his
    > > chances of securing a student visa?
    > >
    > > 2) Any tips on how to present his case convincingly to the visa officer, please ?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends
    > > to enroll for a post graduate management course in Canada (he can if he
    > > wants do his MBA in India, but is very reluctant to do so as our Indian
    > > degrees will not get him a decent job in Canada post immigration).

>
    > How will he pay for his college and he has to take GMAT in order to get in
    > MBA I don't think he will get in any school without GMAT & TOEFL. If sum up
    > the time it won't make any difference time line wise.
    >
    > What do you think Mr. Miller or any one?

Old PostingTEST-Here again, Just to keep it Up

Old Jul 30th 2002, 5:20 pm
Klmok

On 12 Jul 2002 22:20:05 GMT, peter d'souza <[email protected]> wrote:

> My brother applied for immigration to Canada in the independent skilled
    > category 8 months ago.So far, he has only receive his File number. He lives in
    > India. As processing is very slow, he expects a wait of another two and a half
    > to three years before he gets his landing papers.
    >
    > In order to improve his future job prospects in Canada, he intends to enroll
    > for a post graduate management course in Canada (

As an adult with MBA ambitions why isn't your brother posting directly his concerns?

Anyway applications for immigration can be applied for only from outside Canada which
he has done. It shouldn't inpact on his MBA application and student visa. The MBA is
a two year program plus the time taken to get enrolled will just about put the
timeline as ideal. Should he get his immigration approved he will have to leave
Canada first then re-enter with his immigration papers.