Student permit Islamabad

Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Student permit Islamabad

Hi

My cousin would like to go to Toronto to study high school, but it seems CHC Islamabad’s guidelines on the web is more geared towards Graduate and Undergraduate students. Not for high school students.

I am not sure if CHC Islamabad would be issuing visa for students going for High school? My own daughter is studying in Canada on visa issued by CHC Singapore.

Islamabad also has following requirements which are different from CHC Singapore:-

1. Receipts showing tuition fees paid in full for 2 semesters, even if it is not required by your intended school of study. (I do not want them to pay before confirmation of visa, is there anyway we could avoid it?)

2. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score for TOEFL of 550 or 6.5 for IELTS, even if it is not required by your school. (It is not really required for high school as schools would ESL program if required but CHC Islamabad asking for this).

Plus CHC Islamabad has two different links regarding study permit, one link mention even requirement of police certificate, but other link do not say any thing about it. It is very confusing.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Student permit Islamabad

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
Hi

My cousin would like to go to Toronto to study high school, but it seems CHC Islamabad’s guidelines on the web is more geared towards Graduate and Undergraduate students. Not for high school students.

I am not sure if CHC Islamabad would be issuing visa for students going for High school? My own daughter is studying in Canada on visa issued by CHC Singapore.

Islamabad also has following requirements which are different from CHC Singapore:-

1. Receipts showing tuition fees paid in full for 2 semesters, even if it is not required by your intended school of study. (I do not want them to pay before confirmation of visa, is there anyway we could avoid it?)

2. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score for TOEFL of 550 or 6.5 for IELTS, even if it is not required by your school. (It is not really required for high school as schools would ESL program if required but CHC Islamabad asking for this).

Plus CHC Islamabad has two different links regarding study permit, one link mention even requirement of police certificate, but other link do not say any thing about it. It is very confusing.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
How old is your cousin? I could be completely off the mark here, but I would imagine that if your cousin is over 18, they would not be allowed to attend high school, and if they are under 18 it's unlikely they'd be given a study visa to travel to another country by themselves because they'd be a minor.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
How old is your cousin? I could be completely off the mark here, but I would imagine that if your cousin is over 18, they would not be allowed to attend high school, and if they are under 18 it's unlikely they'd be given a study visa to travel to another country by themselves because they'd be a minor.
They are two brother and sisters (both of them over 18, but under 22), but i do not think this is a big issue, as my daughter and her friends also same age group got study permit for high school in toronto (from Singapore) and now studying in Canada.

I am not sure if Islamabad is more strict.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Just to inform you that student under 18 would be able to get a study permit but they must have Canadian Guardian (that school could arrange).
Cheers.