Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Student Permit - Filing Permanent Residence in Buffalo

Student Permit - Filing Permanent Residence in Buffalo

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

ashish.lko is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Student Permit - Filing Permanent Residence in Buffalo

Hi,

I am planning to go to Canada for my Commercial Pilot Training for 1-2 years. I want to file my application of Permanent Residence in Buffalo since there is a waiting of 6-7 years from New Delhi, India (Where I am eligible to file).. Has anybody done this before? Will it be a problem if I file my application since I will not be in a full time regular university course.. Nevertheless I will be going on Student Permit which makes me eligible..

Can somebody file Permanent Residence application as soon as he/she lands in Canada on Student Visa? Or do we have to wait for 6 months like before? Will the fact that I am not in Full Time university course effect my PR application negatively and give an impression that I am doing this course just to file my application in Buffalo? In fact this is indeed one of the reasons..

Please advise me since we are really keen on moving to Canada.. Thank You all for your kind help..
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Permit - Filing Permanent Residence in Buffalo

First - get a study permit as such can only be issued for full time study.

If you get study permit and are subsequently admitted to Canada for at least 12 months you can apply for PR to Buffalo. But keep in mind that you need US visa to go for interview if such is required and Americans routinely refuse visas for this purpose. If it happens your case will be refused, unless you manage to have it forwarded to New Delhi where it will be put in queue and you won't only gain any time by your experiment but you will lose time and money.

But to answer your question - yes, you can legally do it, providing all of the above.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

ashish.lko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Permit - Filing Permanent Residence in Buffalo

Andrew, Thank you very much for your kind advice. I really appreciate that you took your time off to write to me.. I do have Live US and Canadian Visitor Visa.. Also, I have enquired from my Flying School about Student Visa for Commercial Pilot Training and IT IS issued for this training since it requires 1 year of full time trianing.. So I think I will take my chance because 7 years is a long time and we are not getting any younger.. Thank You..