Student Options

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Student Options

Hi all,
another question on the student option.Supposing we come over and my wife starts her college course ,something on management.Now bearing in mind that her occupation is on the NOC as a retail manager,what would happen if she landed a permanent job in said occupation.Would she be able to quite the course and start her new job or is this scenario a no no,ie would we all be kicked out .
Thanks for your time and patience people.
Cheer,s Arty
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Options

If you are talking about your original scenario (your wife with study permit and you with open work permit as her dependent) then things are not as simple as one may hope. If she quits school then study permit and your open work permit are gone - in order to be able to start working she will have to have job offer with positive Labour Market Opinion (highly unlikely in any retail sales occupations as employer would have to advertise job nationally for at least 3 months with stated terms sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians and document that regardless such effort no Canadian candidate was found) and apply for new work permit. And of course you will have to apply for new open permit after she gets hers.

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi all,
another question on the student option.Supposing we come over and my wife starts her college course ,something on management.Now bearing in mind that her occupation is on the NOC as a retail manager,what would happen if she landed a permanent job in said occupation.Would she be able to quite the course and start her new job or is this scenario a no no,ie would we all be kicked out .
Cheer,s Arty
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Student Options

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you are talking about your original scenario (your wife with study permit and you with open work permit as her dependent) then things are not as simple as one may hope. If she quits school then study permit and your open work permit are gone - in order to be able to start working she will have to have job offer with positive Labour Market Opinion (highly unlikely in any retail sales occupations as employer would have to advertise job nationally for at least 3 months with stated terms sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians and document that regardless such effort no Canadian candidate was found) and apply for new work permit. And of course you will have to apply for new open permit after she gets hers.
Hi Andrew,
i thought as much,looks as if the original route is our best option.My only concern is my ability to gain employment in my field ,i have had little if any feedback from prospective employers.
Hopefully that would change when i am on Canadian soil,but if i fail to get a job on the NOC list it would mean a go back to UK ticket toot sweet.
That is the concern living the life for 2-3 years and then going back to the UK and then there is the added disruption for the kids.That is why we want to move, to bring the children up in a more stable environment but to taste that fruit ,then loose it pretty cruel.
Sometimes you should never taste what you could never achieve.
So much to think about and very little time to go about it.

Cheers Andrew
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:21 am
Anita

dobbing is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Cheer,s Arty
Hi Arty,

Hope you are all well. our story is so much the same as yours. Hubby is in Barrie at the moe sorting out a few things and we have been thinking about the same thing as you. spooky
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dobbing,
hope you are keeping well,looks like there are plenty in our boat.The good thing is if we all row together and in the same direction we will get there together.As i said there is a helluva lot to consider,and you guys are way ahead of us on the timescale .
My added incentive is that beer with you guys.
Take care
Arty & family