Wikiposts

Strengthening case - PNP

Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Strengthening case - PNP

Hi,
Im filling in forms for application for BC PNP, my employer is filling in forms that they are required to fill in. But could it make a stronger case if I get additional letters sent with the PNP application.
Letters intended are, personal references, references from previous employer in BC. Recommendation letters. Letter from employer advising why the employer(me) would make an economical benefit to the company and region. etc..
Can anyone suggest anything else, and is it worth doing such thing or is this best left to a lawyer?

Thanks
Scott
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: Strengthening case - PNP

To put the questions differently...
What did previous successful PNP applicants put in their PNP application besides the required forms to go above and beyond.
Can anyone recommend anything else that may improve the case? i.e recommendation letters from employer and previous employer etc..
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:25 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

having mine in front of me it consisted of the following:

- all forms as per check list, i think we submitted my whole resume including copies / required translations of the certifications...

- job offer / employment contract - make sure it's for a permanent job (= no time limit), wages and duties must meet the same criteria as they would for a canadian employee (your boss can't just pay you the minimum wage, it must reflect the "going rate" in your field of occupation and your experience...)

- job description which explains your duties including outlining skills / certifications are needed to fulfill your tasks.

- recommendation lettre: the employer explains how he found out about you, probably put in here that he couldn't find another suitable person (as said before, only state facts which you can proove) why he thinks that you are the best person for the job... stating that you've been with them for the last half year (?), that you are fully integrated in their team and that they like to retain you as a valuable employee.

- company profile

highlight facts which show economical benefits for the province. as a fictive example, your employer has developed a niche product and needs you to stabilise / expand his business, intends to hire another person or an apprentice who could learn from scott drummers experience... hope you got my drift

that's all i can think of - as you know, this package did the trick for me.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

excellent thanks, some useful things I will get on to.