Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

stories of british people emmigrating to canada

stories of british people emmigrating to canada

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:50 am
Stuart

Default stories of british people emmigrating to canada

Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada
from the U.K.

Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:22 am
Philip Street

Default Re: stories of british people emmigrating to canada

Hi, I emmigrated out here to Vancouver Island 2 years ago from Liverpool (Wirral
actually). It has to be one of the most sceanic places on earth.

The whole process went quite smoothly, had our stuff shipped out and then picked it
all up at Victoria Airport.

Life style is much better than the UK, weather is great, snow maybe twice a year, we
are in a heat wave at the moment.

Job situation isnt that great especially for IT work, so anything other than that,
then it is possible to find work.

Want any tips , then give me a shout. "stuart" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:ef301603-
[email protected]
    > Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada from
    > the U.K.

Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:45 am
Waterships

My brother did it in 5 months flat start to finish - application in March to
visa in July. Got his papers and was gone within 2 weeks. Landed July last year.
They love it.

Just in case you are interested he is an engineer/millwright - no degree or fancy
education. He was on the pilot scheme and whizzed through the system. Was interviewed
in London, visa arrived in a week.

How's that. I'm really jealous.

"stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] o-
m
    > Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada from
    > the U.K.

Old Aug 8th 2002, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Philip

I live in Childwall Liverpool
You must be posh living on the wirral (maybe ya wont want to speak to me) LOL

Theres a whole group of sousers here in BC. nice to here we have more on the island,I have relations who live in Mill Bay.
They are from Upton on the wirral

see ya around
Old Aug 10th 2002, 9:04 pm
Dave Tester

You'll find lots of stories in Canada News published in the UK by Outbound Publishing
Tel 01323-726040

Dave Tester www.canadasure.com

m
    > the U.K.

Old Aug 11th 2002, 6:43 am
kim
Forum Regular

kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: stories of british people emmigrating to canada

Originally posted by Dave Tester
You'll find lots of stories in Canada News published in the UK by Outbound Publishing
Tel 01323-726040

Dave Tester www.canadasure.com

m
    > the U.K.
Hi Philip

We have just submitted our application for PR and hope to settle in Victoria on Vancouver Island. Glad to hear that you are finding life is good there. Just a couple of questions:

- you mentioned that you had shipped out all your goods - did you find this cost effective? We have heard that it costs in the region of £3000 - £6000 for house removals so it could be cheaper to buy new or second-hand and start again from scratch in Victoria

- how does the weather compare with the UK? Would you say it is generally warmer all year round?

Thanks.

Kim
Old Aug 11th 2002, 6:54 am

desihoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. I have a personal story of immigrating to canada. I know lot of brits who have immigrated to canada too. I have personally helped settle many new arrivals from uk. Are you thinking of immigrating to Canada yourself?
Originally posted by Stuart
Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada
from the U.K.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 8:15 am
Stuart

"Dave Tester" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]> ...
    > You'll find lots of stories in Canada News published in the UK by Outbound
    > Publishing Tel 01323-726040
    > Dave Tester www.canadasure.com
    > "stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > e.com
    > > Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada
    > > from the U.K.

Thanks very much Dave. i'll get in touch with my News agent to order a copy for me.

Stuart Somerfield

Old Aug 26th 2002, 7:14 am
Stuart

desihoon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yes. I have a personal story of immigrating to canada. I know lot of brits who
    > have immigrated to canada too. I have personally helped settle many new arrivals
    > from uk. Are you thinking of immigrating to Canada yourself? Originally posted
    > by Stuart
    > > Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada
    > > from the U.K.
    >

Hi there desihoon, Yes my family and me are just about to begin the process of
immigration through an immigration consultant. Its very nerve wracking because we
would hate to be refused entry after all the information gathering we have done. It
has taken us 6 months to get this far so we dont want it to turn bad now, so we are
now waiting with baited breath........

Old Aug 26th 2002, 7:35 am
Stuart Brook

stuart wrote:
    > desihoon <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Yes. I have a personal story of immigrating to canada. I know lot of brits who
    > > have immigrated to canada too. I have personally helped settle many new arrivals
    > > from uk. Are you thinking of immigrating to Canada yourself? Originally posted by
    > > Stuart
    > > > Does anyone have any stories about their experiencies in emmigrating to Canada
    > > > from the U.K.
    > >
    > Hi there desihoon, Yes my family and me are just about to begin the process of
    > immigration through an immigration consultant. Its very nerve wracking because we
    > would hate to be refused entry after all the information gathering we have done. It
    > has taken us 6 months to get this far so we dont want it to turn bad now, so we are
    > now waiting with baited breath........

Be very careful with your "consultant". Some are unfortunately not consultants at
all, but simply rip off artists. Be particularly careful with those you find at
career fairs etc.

Old Nov 20th 2004, 7:22 am
Just Joined

honez30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi myself, my husband and 3 children are looking into moving to canada. Can anyone tell me of there experiences of moving from the Uk to Canada? What is a nice part of canda to move to? And what is the employment situation like out there? Any information would be great and we want to get as much infor as possible before making a decision to apply to immigration. has anyone from the uk that has moved to canada joined the police force, any infor on this would be great to hear too!
Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help