STOP Police..

Old May 18th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default STOP Police..

Just occurred to me that our police certificates are now 15 months old. Is it a racing certainty that when we eventually go "in process" ( 13 months since AOR now) they will demand new police certs? Thanks.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:05 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STOP Police..

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Just occurred to me that our police certificates are now 15 months old. Is it a racing certainty that when we eventually go "in process" ( 13 months since AOR now) they will demand new police certs? Thanks.
Yes, CIC will ask for new Police certificates later in the process
Old May 18th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Mac2, I was hoping the answer would be "they will accept your existing police cert as they appreciate it's not your fault it's all taking so bloody long" Anyway do you think I would be better off just waiting til I'm asked or to pre-empt the request and forward new police certs to the embassy labelled additional or updated information?
Old May 18th 2011, 11:57 pm
Permanent Residents

Thanks Mac2, I was hoping the answer would be "they will accept your existing police cert as they appreciate it's not your fault it's all taking so bloody long" Anyway do you think I would be better off just waiting til I'm asked or to pre-empt the request and forward new police certs to the embassy labelled additional or updated information?
As they only last 3 months from issue date for the Canadian embassy and you can get them in 10 days if you really need to, I would wait. We are going to send for ours when they request them. It's up to you though!
Old May 19th 2011, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac2
As they only last 3 months from issue date for the Canadian embassy and you can get them in 10 days if you really need to, I would wait. We are going to send for ours when they request them. It's up to you though!
I thought they lasted a year???

lns
Old May 19th 2011, 12:39 am
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I thought they lasted a year???

lns
I think you are right lns "They are valid for a year, but can't be more than three months old when sent to CIC" Funny that CIC are still asking for new ones from applicants who have been in the system less than a year "Waggle" comes to mind, but as he says it may be over 12 months when they actually issue his visa. I am still going to get ours when they ask!
Old May 19th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Good point Mac, I didn't realise they had to be less than 3 months old when received at the embassy. I was just counting on the fact that surely a decision will be made before the next cert expires (12 months) Probably best to sit tight and await instructions.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

me too mine expired in march and im just going to wait for them to request new ones im so peed off with all this money wasting they are causing...i just about give up hearing from them anytime before christmas. i feel like marching down to the office and shaking someone into getting a bloomin move on after all we are paying for a service we are not receiving...phew rant over.....
Old May 19th 2011, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hang in there Shazza. The problem is nobody ever dare complain incase it results in a rejection.
Old May 19th 2011, 5:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there Shazza. The problem is nobody ever dare complain incase it results in a rejection.
Why on earth would it? They do have to have a reason to reject you, can't just make one up just because you dared to complain!
Old May 20th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Why on earth would it? They do have to have a reason to reject you, can't just make one up just because you dared to complain!
Ah, bless! That's so much confidence placed in fallible humanity!

I can well easily imagine that some frustrated, quietly desperate bureaucrat might get his joy of life in destroying the hopes of others
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Ah, bless! That's so much confidence placed in fallible humanity!

I can well easily imagine that some frustrated, quietly desperate bureaucrat might get his joy of life in destroying the hopes of others
And how do you think they would get away with it? They have to tell you why they've rejected you, so it's really quite simple - either you are eligible, or you're not. They can't just make up a reason!

Believe it or not, CIC do try and do the best they can with the huge workload they have, and aren't sitting there just trying to ruin people's dreams.